Author Topic: Deep Caves Faceless attacking despite circumstances saying they shouldn't  (Read 622 times)

ultrashotpull

• Noob
    • View Profile
Two days prior to this I asked over on Reddit for help regarding why the hell the Faceless were attacking me when trying to ally. Also consulted the wiki, but my search found that I should, at worst, be merely neutral with them.
To whit, I have:
-Healed the Core City faceless, and he survived (he even met me in the Institute)
-Got my mind read by the Rail Crossing faceless (managed to talk him down to spare Chopper)
-Talked with the Foundry faceless, told them where the Cube was (at the time), and let them live
-And at the time I talked with the Commander, my kill count was 18 but my Effective Thought Control was at 140 (actual was around 80 or 90)

The last part had someone tell me I should throw my savegame here because, according to them, even with a kill count the Thought Control check should've set them to neutral at worst.
The save is at the Deep Caverns checkpoint, immediately after the elevator sequence and before meeting Rahm-Umbra
-Here's where I would've put my google drive link to the save file, but the start new topic says I can't-

Addendum: If anyone wonders how I know exactly how many Faceless I killed, I got so mad at the circumstances that I spent an hour trying to blindly parse hex code so I could edit it safely. This save is *before* I went and did any of that, as at the time I had a quicksave slot before talking to the Faceless Commander.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
I tested this myself and this looks like the passed check flag is always false or is ignored by the calculations. So the check is completely bugged in the current version.
Valor's favorite poster

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Fixed for the next patch.