Author Topic: Zone transition fail after a 150 hour playthrough  (Read 992 times)

h3lp3r

• Noob
    • View Profile
Zone transition fail after a 150 hour playthrough
« on: August 28, 2024, 04:50:58 pm »
So, I'm feeling kind of hopeless about this. For the first time in my 250 hours of Underrail I am starting to have an issue with zone transitions failing. Going from G3 to H3 in the Black Sea. Below is the error message. This only happens when I pass between certain zones, not all. For example, I can go from the pirate gate to the Expedition Island without trouble. Trying it out, I've come to the conclusion that I can't transition to the south western quarter of the Black Sea (Pirates, LEMCO and so on). Anything related to those parts and I get the "Zone transition failed" error message.

I have verified my files and they are all there, I have also disabled autosave during transitioning between zones and put the game folder and the save folder as exclusions in Windows Defender, but I am still getting the error message. I am also getting another message when trying to load my last autosave before I turned them off. Below you can see the error log in the \My Games\Underrail folder.

Has anybody else had this issue and fixed it in some way?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 06:21:29 pm by h3lp3r »

chewie

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Zone transition fail after a 150 hour playthrough
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 09:55:17 am »
Hi,

I came here to check for a similar issue. Luckily, I didn't lose many hours -- I couldn't even get into the firing range portion of the tutorial. I was able to go through character creation, go through the initial dialogue between Hadrian, Vera, & Gorsky, and then when it was supposed to go to my character, the screen just went blank with no error on screen & the music continued to play, yet there was nothing I could do -- no input would seem to do anything. I had to just Alt+F4.

I've verified the game files & restarted multiple times & can't provide a save file for the error because it's not even getting to the point where one can be made. I'm not super impressed that this is the gameplay experience for just trying to start the game 9 years past release. I hope this gets fixed in the near future.

h3lp3r

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2024, 10:02:43 am »
I had to give up on this playthrough, the last part of the expansion is entered in the affected area so there was no saving it. I can say that although I have seen some people with the same issue, it is a first for me after some 250 hours played overall. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer as to what to do about it. Restarting was my solution, because the game is still scratching that itch for me.

chewie

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2024, 10:18:46 am »
I wish I could do the same, but even if I click "Skip Tutorial," there's no way I can play. It just keeps blanking out right after Hadrian's scene right at the start. I literally can't play far enough to even get a game save. Are you able to actually get beyond there?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2024, 01:29:41 pm »
I wish I could do the same, but even if I click "Skip Tutorial," there's no way I can play. It just keeps blanking out right after Hadrian's scene right at the start. I literally can't play far enough to even get a game save. Are you able to actually get beyond there?
If the game is crashing for you right after tutorial, it might be antivirus related. If you haven't tried, check if turning it off for a moment or putting the game in the exceptions of your antivirus fixes the issue.
Valor's favorite poster