Author Topic: PC requirements  (Read 10734 times)

drewman21

• Noob
    • View Profile
PC requirements
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:25:49 pm »
What are Under Rail's suggested hardware requirements? I have access to a wide variety of PC's that have a full range of processors and GPU's. Any thoughts on basic integrated GPU's like Intel graphic's found in low end laptops?
Pretty excited to try this out!

Thanks for bringing out a game like this!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: PC requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:51:56 pm »
I can't say what are the exact system requirements right now as I haven't really tested on too many configurations.

The game is not too tasking on the GPU so integrated graphics should work fine (at least on lower resolutions, but you should be running those anyway since it's a laptop) as long as they're not too outdated (Shader model 2.0 is required).

Once the demo is out it would be great if you could test it out on some of those configurations you have and let me know how it went.

Teddiousbear

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 02:53:09 pm »
Well it ran really well on an Intel I5 2550K with two 6870's :) I have a few other machines in my house and I'l see how they run and post them up.

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »
Just tested the game on my old laptop.

Toshiba A110-233
512mb memory
Intel GM956 integrated graphics - max memory 128mb
Windows XP SP3

Movement around the areas I've explored is quite smooth, except in the Cantina where movement becomes nigh impossible :- very stuttery/takes ages to select npc and talk.

Fighting is  stuttery, not as bad as Cantina area though.

Still have a lot of areas to explore and will report any unpleasant effects.

Going to add another 2gb of memory next week and check the results.  I'm hoping that the extra memory will expand the graphics memory but it's probably fixed in Bios settings that Toshiba set :(
Sleep: Something to do when bored!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »
Just tested the game on my old laptop.

Toshiba A110-233
512mb memory
Intel GM956 integrated graphics - max memory 128mb
Windows XP SP3

Movement around the areas I've explored is quite smooth, except in the Cantina where movement becomes nigh impossible :- very stuttery/takes ages to select npc and talk.

Fighting is  stuttery, not as bad as Cantina area though.

Still have a lot of areas to explore and will report any unpleasant effects.

Going to add another 2gb of memory next week and check the results.  I'm hoping that the extra memory will expand the graphics memory but it's probably fixed in Bios settings that Toshiba set :(

Thanks for posting this. Stuttering is probably caused by the old (single-core) processor. The game is not really GPU heavy, though I am surprised it works at all with so little system and graphic memory.

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »
Slight error on my specs.

it's an Intel 945GM express chipset :(

I was very happy and surprised too that it worked.  GF not happy though, now I have something else to play with in bed ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:38:47 pm by Oldbolt »

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:19 pm »
Well.  Adding 2gb memory didn't help much.  Junkyard very hard to navigate.  Oh well, back to Arcanum and Temple of elemental evil for the laptop.

Jefi

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:32 am »
Works pretty fine on old HP laptop, with specifications as following: Intel Celeron M 430 @ 1.73ghz singlecore, 1gb of ram, Intel GMA 950 256mb. Os Win7. Little flickering is going trough the screen at base, but it might be graphics drivers also. Cantina area worked well, just little slow sometimes but overall playability is good i think. Sorry for posting on such old thread but i tought id give it my 5 cents.

ps. Water effects seem to have large drop on framerates.. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:57:20 pm by Jefi »
War, war never changes..