Author Topic: Oculus? [SPOILERS]  (Read 7710 times)

ThePublicDomain

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Protectorate scum can lick my tabi boot heels
    • View Profile
Oculus? [SPOILERS]
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:40:59 am »
Hey there. Saw this game mentioned somewhere months ago and got around to finally buying it and trying it out, and I love it violently.

Exploring the areas, I heard about something called Oculus while reading the forum and I'd like to visit there, but my version of the game does not include anything in that area.

My question is: What does a guy have to do to get access to Oculus around here? Is is just a developers muttering thing, or is there a quest...? Empty canyon there at the moment which was heartbreaking since it took forever for me to correctly interpret the map to discover it's two transition screens from the Rail Crossing train depot...

Same with the freaking TiChrome bars, not sure if those are supposed to be a thing I can have in 1.13.3 but the Wiki sure makes it sound like they exist and I'd love to make a serrated shock knife with some of those :(

Loving the game, please keep up the beautiful work, it is a solid peace of art. I became a diehard fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and this does a very efficient job at recreating the magic of that kind of game. Thank you!

EDIT: It seems I ruined the quest line by guessing the answers to Abram's questions about the United Stations embassy, which ended his line of quests early, which ends Jack Quicksilver's line early, which seems to have completely killed off the Oculus section for my play through. BUMMER :P

SECOND EDIT: This is an off-question but how much tolerance is there for the discussion of blatant cheating? It is a hobby all it's own, and while I enjoy games vanilla, I do love maxing their potential with some delicate number manipulation if I can get away with it (and I have been able to with this alpha). Now, a game that can be cheated is one thing, but a game that you can cheat and still spend a ridiculous amount of time playing because it's a good game regardless of what you do to its economy? That's my genre! If I could figure out how to manipulate the item files I'd be going hogwild with modding this for my own personal twisted enjoyment.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:07:25 am by Styg »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:07:13 am »
Some things are only unlocked with certain quests/events, such as Oculus or TiChrome bars and are not meant to be readily available. You'll have look for those things yourself. :)

I think instructions on how to access Oculus were deliberately omitted from the wiki so as not to spoil anything.

There's no moral reason why you shouldn't discuss cheating in single player games as long as you keep it to its own thread.

Also, I added a spoiled tag to this topic.

ThePublicDomain

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus? [SPOILERS]
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:55:13 am »
There is just a smidgen enough info on the Wiki to barely figure out where it is map side, still working on the quests to get there. Very lovely game though, enjoying the interesting replay value and might this time join the Praetorians who I slaughtered last time around  :)

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if this was a sort of quest restriction like the TNT charges. I hate going and looking for spoilers but sometimes I get stuck, :P You looked at some guys save file here and found he didn't talk to Buzzer about Cornell and so he couldn't move forward with Coretech and that was my exact problem.

Was wondering if this was being purposefully kept a secret, was a debug thing, or if I somehow killed the wrong named character somewhere. Two out of three I guess :P

Either way I've started a new playthrough. Thanks again! When I figure out the quests I'll try not to preach it, ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:57:29 am by ThePublicDomain »

ThePublicDomain

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:33:53 am »
Hauled butt and finished everything understandable in the Jack quests, now I'm waiting for a corrier or something I guess. Completing the other main quests until I get bugged at a train station somewhere? No hints I guess makes the search all the more exciting :)

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:04 am »
Epeli you are evil!!! (post number)

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 11:44:52 am »
I worked really long on Oculus and than Styg said its going to be super secretly and I was like T.T People will not see my best work. But hey, now the Tchort Institute comes nicely together, so I'm hyped to see the reactions, also some old assets got a nice overhaul, won't be in this update but that will give Underrail a more polished look. :)

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 01:24:49 pm »
also some old assets got a nice overhaul, won't be in this update but that will give Underrail a more polished look. :)

Oh thank god. I didn't have a problem with Styg's art by itself but the difference between yours and his was really jarring.

ThePublicDomain

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »
Would I perhaps be able to get a hint PM'd to me or something... I hate asking like that but it's been a day since I finished Jack's quests and I am very stumped. Not sure which area to loiter and ask random travellers/commoners, :/

He disappeared from Core City altogether now, not exactly sure what checkpoint in what quest needs to be passed for Jack to come bother me to look for Azif, or if I somehow f'd this up again...

I've re-read every word on the Wiki relating to this over and over again, as if somehow I'll be able to read between the pixels and it's failing me...

At least an itsy-bitsy tinsy-winsy hint?  :'(

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »
you have to complete the quests perfectly, this means:

(highlight for spoilers)

freeing todor without breaking him out, and getting the full story behind Patrick's death

ThePublicDomain

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 07:55:17 pm »
AH CRAP. I killed Tudor because it was the easiest option, :(

WHELP, time to start again I guess (uncontrollable crying)

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 02:11:10 am »
Not fully truth...in my 1st playthrought i free Tudor without break him out. Azif Quest follows...

In my 2nd the Quest is buged for me: I talked with Tudor, found the Sniper Rifle on the roof but dont can report that to the chief (no new talk options). So i must break him out...still Azif Quest follows...

This time in my playthrought i do the same as bevore (2nd playthrought) BUT dont get the Quest for Azif...after all...

This Mission is full of Bugs like the Psycho Mission in the Tschort Institute.

I done that all with the same Game Version so...as sayd Bugs...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:14:58 am by VaeliusNoctu »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 03:00:14 am »
if you believe those are bugs then report them in the bugs section of the forum.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 11:26:57 am »
Good Idea i done that under the 1114 Bugs Thread. Maybe the developer Fix that. My Actual Playthrought is ruined for that no Haxor and no Super Merchant lol and i miss the cool UFO.

Postnihilist

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 08:14:42 am »
Using the wiki spoils things. I think everyone knows that looking up game content on the internet is looking for spoilers. I only do it when I'm really frustrated, or don't care about the game... and I know it's me, spoiling it for myself. So if you keep information off your wiki, because you want to control how people play your game, then you're making a really shitty wiki. What the hell is a wiki for? To NOT provide game information? To intentionally obscure and with-hold information? No! That's very stupid.

This is a really good example of how one person having complete control over a project can fuck it up.