Author Topic: [0.1.13.3] Disappearing Floor  (Read 2199 times)

Random Hobo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[0.1.13.3] Disappearing Floor
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:29:38 pm »
Upon loading a savegame, various floor surface textures don't load:

I'm not sure if this may be related, but I "repaired" my installation of Visual C++ redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Nothing else I've done that could be out of the ordinary between saving and loading that savegame.

Random Hobo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: [0.1.13.3] Disappearing Floor
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »
Certainly, that's what I thought at first. Restarting the game, or Windows doesn't help though.

I've had one instance when the game started running out of memory after I played for very long and crossed all of south underrail on foot from Core City to SGS, but then the game wasn't missing textures, it was just CTD-ing :)

My second guess is that it could be savegame bloat, but I thought I should check if it's a known problem.

Btw, greetings from Bulgaria ;)

Random Hobo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:44:22 am »
I'm not sure if this may be related, but I "repaired" my installation of Visual C++ redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

I was right that this was the cause. I reinstalled the game, which also reinstalled Microsoft's XNA Framework and the .NET 4.0 Framework (which actually didn't reinstall as it detected it's present already). This fixed my missing textures. Apparently the Visual C++ redistributable from 2010 conflicts with Underrail's XNA Framework somehow.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »
Howdy my Bulgarian neighbor. ;) Glad you got it fixed. Since you reinstalled the whole game, maybe it was a corrupt game installation.

Random Hobo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:07:21 am »
Could be, although I used to have floor textures at the same ingame locations where they later disappeared, after I installed Visual C++ Redistributable. I read somehwere that I needed it as a prerequisite for a Thief: The Dark Project comunnity fix...