Author Topic: [Spoilers]Murder mystery quest, am I screwed?  (Read 4336 times)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[Spoilers]Murder mystery quest, am I screwed?
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
So, I'm doing the SGS murder quest, and... I've hit a dead end.  I'll keep this spoiler free, but I seem to have no way of connecting the accused with the murder weapon.  I...

A) have no biology, although I got someone else to do that part for me after reading the documents
B) have no pickpocketing, although that just gives me more evidence f the accused's background which I have in spades; although it would might give me the murder weapon I suppose , as he carries one of those
C) have no social skills, so I can't get a confession
D)Can't kill the jerk without alerting all of SGS, which is strange considering his location.

I actually wonder if it's bugged.  I have enough evidence that I can confront the person and say "I know you did it", but the quest giver will not accept any combination of evidence I give.

I'll give the relevant oligarch a talk, but I doubt that will help.

Edit: Bah, was a bit hopeful when I talked to the lieutenant and he hinted that I could learn more if I advanced and talked to the oligarch himself, but that didn't work out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:08:32 am by Greep »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Murder mystery quest, am I screwed?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:11:25 am »
If you've done everything that I assume you've done based on the info given, all that's necessary is that you tell the quest giver only the relevant evidence to complete it. Are you sure the motive behind the murder is clear enough to make judgement?

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:20:18 am »
Pretty much.. my "tell general info" is basically stuffed to like 6 items.  I'll try again limiting it to only the 4 or 5 I think is needed.

Heh... hard to give not give too much away.  I guess I'll just use black text:

Yeah I'm really confused.  I

A) Show that his brother hunted down spectres
B) show what the spectres are and how they kill (through the nose) and that his brother was killed this way
C) Show mordre was a spectre whose name was on the list of the documents

Considering they were thought to have been all killed, yet mordre is the only spectre known alive.. that should be a closed case o.o

I don't see why anything would be needed at that point.  Admittedly, it's not hardcore evidence without the murder weapon or anything, but I completed the foundry quest with far less evidence...

So I'm guessing either lenox is really thick, or that the quest is bugged and getting someone else to look at the corpse is not adequate.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:01:14 am by Greep »

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:02:15 am »
Yeah I do think it's bugged.  Has anyone tried doing this without biology?

At this point, anyone reading will know this is just spoilery anyways, so I'll just post what I have options for...

5 is somewhat irrelevant, but including or not including it doesn't help.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:04:59 am by Greep »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers]Murder mystery quest, am I screwed?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:00 am »
I wonder if this has to do with reading the inventory section of the computer on the medical floor. Try reading it all of it then see if gives you murder weapon options which I think is the options that are missing in your dialogue.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers]Murder mystery quest, am I screwed?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:21:25 am »
Oh that's odd.. it had access denied earlier... :(

OKay that worked, thanks all!  But I am confused, what allowed me to get access?  I don't remember pasquale saying anything.  I just randomly could use it o.o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:24:58 am by Greep »