Author Topic: ANy ways to make money that is NOT quest related?  (Read 3459 times)

doctoxic

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
ANy ways to make money that is NOT quest related?
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:33:34 am »

I have just shot all my ammo and used medkits up killing some psi bugs

any way to make some money that is not related to quests so i can restock

many thanks

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: ANy ways to make money that is NOT quest related?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:01 am »
Well, the best way to make money in the beginning is not to spend it so easy; those health hypos are kind of a trap, stick to bandages whenever possible xD

But yeah, you get a ton of money with jack quicksilver's quest if you survive, from selling weapons/getting a reward.  Other than kolmeiers stash in junkyard, I don't know of much non-quest money tho.  If you have lockpicking/hacking, there's a locker in private quarters with gobs of money.  And if you're desperate, pickpocketing also gives gobs of money (nvm, just check you need a decent amount to steal credits). 

You could wander around north (up and right) of the train station (don't go south!!!).  This is the main quest general direction, but there's some tunnels with stalkers that are very weak.

Also, make sure to sell to every vendor.  Leather and rathound organs give a surprising amount when you sell them to quinton in agronomy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:11:53 am by Greep »

doctoxic

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:21:02 am »
thanks

i'll try that

i have some leather from the hoppers now so i'll see what i can get for that

cheers

Prytification

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:31:23 pm »
Money is not really an issue, tbh. You can make so much out of ammunition you don't neet, or weapons. It just requires quite some traveling and often, when you returned from your journey from A to B to C to D back to A, then the vendor will want even more new stuff. It's a bit grindy, but hey, money never comes easy.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:12:42 pm »
Get the Doctor perk as soon as possible, being able to heal yourself with bandages at any health % is useful and keep you from using hypos, bandages are a lot cheaper than hypos too so it's well worth the 20 points skill investment.

mrzjadacz

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 09:44:51 am »
Get Cryokinesis skill from guy from Agronomy (he gives you quest about crossbow and rathounds), you just need to pay him 50 credits. Then go to the lake and kill hoppers with cryokinesis. Sell drop or better way, craft leather armors. It need less then 10 tayloring.