Author Topic: Need the console pgiveitem internal name for Metal Figurine (Reaching Man)  (Read 33 times)

gzhh88898

  • Noob
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm on Underrail 1.3.1.2. I lost the Metal Figurine​ (the "Reaching Man" plot item for the quest Return the Reaching Man). It's gone from the table in the northeast room of Emporion Shopping Mall (the one guarded by Frost and Vanga) and it's not in my inventory. The item cannot be sold, so it's not with any merchant.
Reloading an old save would cost me 10+ hours.
I've tried pgiveitem misc\metalfigurine, plot\metalfigurine, !metalfigurine, !figurine, !reachingman — all fail. readGlobalProperty *figur* and *reach* return "No matching global properties found", and the item doesn't exist as a file under `data\rules\items` in this version.
Could someone tell me the correct internal item name / definition path for the Metal Figurine in 1.3.1.2?
Thanks a lot. :o

gzhh88898

  • Noob
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Need the console pgiveitem internal name for Metal Figurine (Reaching Man)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2026, 06:28:09 pm »
[SOLVED] How to restore the lost "Metal Figurine" (Reaching Man) in Underrail 1.3.1.2
The problem
The main quest Return the Reaching Man requires returning the Metal Figurine to Denzil. I visited the Emporion Shopping Mall upper floor (northeast room, guarded by Frost and Vanga) too early, and the figurine later went missing — not on the table, not in my inventory, and not with any merchant (the item is flagged "Cannot be sold", so it can never end up in a shop). Rolling back my save would have cost me 10+ hours, so I had to find another way.
Why none of the usual console tricks work
pgiveitem misc\metalfigurine, plot\metalfigurine, !metalfigurine — all fail, because the real internal name isn't that at all. It is tchortistFigurine​ (camelCase).
Searching for the filename under data\rules\items\` finds nothing, ever — **because this item has no.item` definition file**. It's an inline item; its definition exists only inside the save file.
readGlobalProperty *figur* / *reach* return "No matching global properties found" — there is no global variable to flip, so writegp is a dead end too.
findstr on .item files returns nothing — those files are gzip-compressed, so plain text search can't read them.
The fix: build the missing .item file yourself
Tool: UFE (Underrail File Exporter) — dumps Underrail's binary files to JSON and patches them back.
Get the real name​ (if you don't have it): start a new game, goto up-mall, pick up the figurine, save. Export that save with UFE and search for "figurine" — the I:C field gives you tchortistFigurine.
Copy a template: take any Plot item from data\rules\items\plot\` (I usedbeasthead.item— its root class isNEI, same as the figurine) and copy it totchortistfigurine.item`.
Export to JSON: .\ufe.exe -e "...\plot\tchortistfigurine.item"
Edit only these values​ (leave everything else untouched):
I:C → tchortistFigurine
I:N → Metal Figurine
I:D → the figurine's description text
I:VM → Plot.68
I:W → 5.0 (weight)
I:Q → value__: 4 (quality)
Patch it back: .\ufe.exe -p "...\plot\tchortistfigurine.item"
Fully restart the game​ (so it re-scans the items folder), then in console: pgiveitem plot\tchortistfigurine. Done — go hand it to Denzil.
Two gotchas
Numbers (I:W, I:Q) must be bare — 5.0 and 4, no quotes, followed by a regular comma. Pasting from a webpage tends to sneak in curly quotes and breaks the patch with a parse error.
Back up your save first. This method is fully reversible​ — just delete tchortistfigurine.item and its .json and the game is back to normal.
Huge thanks to the author of UFE. This tool is a lifesaver.