Author Topic: Where is easy money, where is any money?  (Read 5980 times)

SergSV

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Where is easy money, where is any money?
« on: April 06, 2015, 04:49:31 pm »
Hello, I'm noob, and I need help. I have no idea how earn the money... Here, in the forum was similar thread, but I don't saw the way to get the money. The gun and crossbow are strongly worn out, ammo are out, and I don't earn the money, only experience. I reached the 3th level, but I don't have money for repair anything or buy something. What next? Where is easy money, where is any money?  :(

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Where is easy money, where is any money?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 06:08:06 pm »
Talking about what your focuses is on your build helps, otherwise it's very open and hard to respond without covering everything under the moon.  Early on?  You want easy money? Put some points into biology to break mindshrooms down, and/or spend some creds to get the blueprint to make Psiboosters from the pharmacist to make the blue-goo into Psi-boosters, both are which very easy to make and restocked pharmacists will always buy a couple. 

Biology in general is a moneymaker when you can use almost all the parts from dead rathounds to make medicine components.  Adrenaline Shots, finished product, sells real nice.

If having a hard time with your build, you might put a few points into melee too so you can knife rathounds to death and conserve ammo (what I did long time ago when new to the game).  Kneecap shot + Aimed Shot + Opportunist with even a crappy pistol will save you HP (as you easily outdistance the kneecapped enemy) and ammo as your opportunist and aimed shot increases your meager damage output, thus taking less shots to put down enemies. 

Bear Traps, cheap to buy really and even poisoned ones can save you lots when used on camped enemies. 

If you are really broke, you should probably just restart and try to utilize what you learned the previous time.  Repair kits are costly to buy from the shops and are best just made youreslf, unless you have real high mercantile I guess to cut down on your costs.  The Lurkers that are in the Underpassages just north of SGS (first real section you go into of this area, with the intercom leading to Blaines shop) respawn and have minor gear while being very low lvl.  At worst you can return there to routinely farm a pistol and other minor healing and such from them, as well as break down the knives into metal scraps, etc.

Mindshrooms grow back juts like store restockers, and you can always get a few from the Outpost area until the TNT opens up more passages.

SergSV

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:29:39 am »
Gman, thank you very much!

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:09 am »
When people are talking about high/infinite money we're only talking about late game.  There's a "hump" to get over in sgs, which I think older players don't notice because we're used to it. 

I think this problem would vanish if health hypos and repair kits costed less, as almost all veterans of underrail sell these exclusively, while almost all newbies end up buying some.

But yeah, just weather it until you do jack quicksilver's quest.  Buy a grenade and have enough ammo for a few shots, and you'll get all the credits you need via selling their drops to Lucas.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:19:08 am by Greep »

SergSV

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:01 am »
Well, I'll do it, thanks. Im just noob, went over there and over there, and I saw salesmen, who sales, or buying only things need for him or her. When I did the quest I got experience, not a money. And, when I spent my ammo and bolts, I remained with anything...

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:59:18 am »
When I did the quest I got experience, not a money.
You get money from every(almost) starting quest you do oO

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:07:39 pm »
I think this problem would vanish if health hypos and repair kits costed less, as almost all veterans of underrail sell these exclusively, while almost all newbies end up buying some.

Indeed, though never even craft them either; I make it a point to kill enemies that I know are equipped with them fast, at least one in the group, so as to loot the tasty drug stash in his pocket before he noms them all up.  Drowning in hypos and adv. hypos by late game.

The rewards, if you don't go the extra mile, early game are not much and can go fast if you don't have a feel for how to spend yet. I skipped Psi Empathy entirely on present play, and found it cut me off a few things such as I don't get the rathound quest from Quinton, and thus no free bow or xp from finishing that. You are right that repair kits do cost a lot, but am alright with this, because if everyone could repair their weapons so easily, it would not seem right either. 

The Degradation on armor/boots though needs to seriously be upped, that stuff breaks down so slowly, you will craft a better replacement most likely before you ever have to actually repair it...

When I did the quest I got experience, not a money. And, when I spent my ammo and bolts, I remained with anything...
Try not to buy too much ammo if you can, it's costly.  Conserve when possible early on by simply using the largest caliber/damage you got a viable supply of bullets for.  Crafting goes a long way to alleviating cost problems, while also being the sole way to get gear with the best mods.