Author Topic: Sneaky Snipie build  (Read 3758 times)

Beastro

• Noob
    • View Profile
Sneaky Snipie build
« on: September 12, 2015, 03:05:56 am »
Been awhile since I made my first attempt at the game and am starting fresh and am looking for recommendations for the above mentioned build focused around ranged combat and making the most of fiddling with things but also maybe being more flexible maybe, like convincing people to do stuff.

I see with my first guy he's:

7str
5dex
6agi
5con
8per
3will
6int

15 each into guns, lockpicking, hacking, traps, mechanics, electronics and tailoring.

This still a viable build to go with? What should be changed? Any room to add in some persuasion, or is it even needed?

From skimming a think I have too low str, agi and int and don't know what's changedin the game since I last tried (my saves are from around 3/12/2014).

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaky Snipie build
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »
Your stats shoud be set in regards your feats.

Beastro

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:30:24 am »
What would your recommendations be?

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:18:26 pm »
Min-maxed DPS sniper:

Skills: http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGlEYBYQJgVhANhAZlScFpoOwZQjqMWPguAUjCDgBykSUUInOnyosNA

Keypoints:
  • Main weapon - Crafted 7.62mm Spearhead sniper with rapid reloader (-20% Base AP cost) and anatomically-aware scope (+50% critical damage bonus)
  • Support weapon - Crafted scoped 7.62mm Chimera with rapid reloader
  • Ancient rat hound leather armor and tabi boots
  • Crowd control with psi abilities - Electrokinesis (via Premeditation), Cryokinesis and Cryostasis

Initiative is very low in this build but it's not a big deal as you'll be able to start most fights from the sneak mode and should use Snipe when you get it. Next round use Premeditation and thus 0AP Electrokinesis stun. Following aimed shot will one-shot kill most enemies because of the anatomically-aware scope and Opportunist (+35% damage). Try to finish off low hp enemies with the assault riffle burst. On a kill Commando feat will give you another burst shot for 0AP. Use ARs also if your sniper gives you penalties because you had to move or enemy is too near.

It's very important to craft you first ancient rathound leather armor AFTER you pick the Skinner feat. You'll get the leather in the Rathound King encounter and at that point you should be around level 12 so it fits rather nicely. This will be your main armor for quite some time. Later on thanks to high quality infused leathers and Conditioning you will be able to reach the mechanical damage resistance cap easily. Until then use crafted metal helmets and mushroom brew for extra protection. Putting any points in dodge is pointless for low agility builds. Melee enemies will hit you anyway but you'll have solid restistance so no big deal. This way the game will be a bit harder until you make your first ancient rathound leather armor but if you focus on high damage threshold tactical vests for the time being you'll be fine as your health pool is very good.
You should still max evasion because it reduces AoE damage and many ranged enemies (if outside optimal weapon range) will have penalties to hit.

As I mentioned this character is a min-max build. As for now there are too few roleplaying opportunities to justify putting points into persuation/intimidation. If you still want to do it though, you'll probably be able to shed off some points from crafting, throwing and stealth.

Look at http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page for the references. Note that in the last development log many new changes were presented so when the game gets the next patch it will greatly affect this build and require a different approach.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:36:34 pm by Wildan »