Author Topic: 2 years of waiting, my hopes are still here  (Read 2368 times)

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
2 years of waiting, my hopes are still here
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:52:57 pm »
I don't remember when i bought the game, but my forum subscribtion date is October 2013, i asked if it was possible that the developers will give the possibility at the community to translate Underrail.
Now the game has been released and i have not left my hopes!

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: 2 years of waiting, my hopes are still here
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:15 pm »
First we need to provide the tools, also we would rather make an official translation. Also its not that easy, we have tons of text and it must make sense from a cost perspective. Its not like we don't care, it's about time/money management.

( Tchey )

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:36:41 pm »
Community will do it for free and as good as pro.

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:10:43 am »
In my case, there is a huge community of translators that do their job like professionals! Look at Divinity Original Sin, italian community translated the game and it was taken as official.
There are italian people that have already seen your language files, they can read but not edit them, cause of some kind of compression or something...

Please give us the possibility to work, it can be also unofficial translation, just like planescape torment... they do an impressive job and they realize our happiness!

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 12:17:57 pm »
I understand you guys, but we need to develop the tools, some stuff is in code, some in our dialogue files, there needs to be a system for all this. I my self speak more than 2 languages and would like to see another language, but as i said, time management is the issue.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »
If you give just the file structure, some guy may do that.

I already checked a bit and it's mostly SizeInByte then the string for localized things but i may be wrong has there is lots of other data that may have to be modified as well.