Author Topic: More verbal warnings  (Read 2140 times)

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
More verbal warnings
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:56:42 pm »
Sometimes, I feel like NPCs should give you more warnings about accessing certain areas. There are two examples I can think of. In the United Stations embassy in the Junkyard, there is a Protectorate Soldier standing right inside, warning you to unequip your weapons when you enter. Now, I don't remember if he forces a dialog with you the first time you enter (if he doesn't, he definitely should), but I think a single warning each time you enter the area with a weapon wouldn't be a bad idea. (The warning should only trigger while you are in that entrance area, of course.)

Another, more severe example (in terms of annoyance, since you probably won't lose much progress if you have autosaves on) is the Foundry prison. Once you enter the room south of the northern corridor, the guards and everyone attack you, even though none of the two guards nor anyone else (not even common sense) gives any indication that the area is off-limits. (In fact, for all I know, maybe I'm just supposed to unequip my weapons there like in the embassy, but I get no indication either way.)

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: More verbal warnings
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »
There is another room like this in the docks of Junkyard. The door is open and there is no indication it is off-limits. I just wandered in to take a look and everyone started shooting me. Why can't we all get along.  :(

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 10:07:16 pm »
Actually if door is red, there a big chances that if you enter this territiory you induce hostility.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 04:34:24 am »
It is even 2 buildings in docks - the one near Auto-turret, and one near merchant.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:04:14 pm »
Actually if door is red, there a big chances that if you enter this territiory you induce hostility.
But in the three locations quoted, there are no (red) doors.

In the embassy, there's a guard, turret, and a gap in chickenwire fencing.

In Foundry prison, both sets of double doors in the camera / auto turret airlock are wide open and non-interactable (well, you can use the computer console nearby, but the doors themselves don't change the cursor on hover).

The Junkyard docks have a warehouse with no Eastern wall (nearest the auto turret) and if you simply wander into the open building, combat starts.

In none of these situations is there any "red door" warning, and a simple speech bubble on approach saying, "Get off my lawn you kids!" would help a lot. Especially re-entering the embassy with a speech bubble saying, "unequip your belt items and weapons!" would be a big improvement.