Author Topic: Unrealistic mode  (Read 3059 times)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Unrealistic mode
« on: December 27, 2015, 09:01:03 pm »
Simply put, this would ball up all the things that a lot of player find annoying, but might take away from the flavor of the game.  Would be a setting like classic/oddity

1) No weight limit.  Personally I just dump lots of guts and components on the docks/foundry merchant/ railroad

2) Scopes can push accuracy above 95%.  I only played sniper build once because of all the savescumming.

3) Trader's buy everything, but at half price

I'm sure others can think of some other things that would be nice to ball into this mode ;D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:51:15 am by Greep »

criosray

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Unrealistic mode
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 08:18:43 am »
Very good suggestions!

As of now I use cheat engine script to remove weight limits. I really hate when game forces weight limits...

Cyrus_Black

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 08:41:33 am »
I wasnt able to find save data and what not. he doesnt keep the game data in plaintext from what i can see, and i dont knwo if there are any ways to open the DLL's

criosray

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 10:03:49 am »
I wasnt able to find save data and what not. he doesnt keep the game data in plaintext from what i can see, and i dont knwo if there are any ways to open the DLL's

DLL is basically the EXE with a bit different header - it's the code and some constant/hardcoded values. Save game files are definitely a binary format for this game.
Cheat Engine just changes the in memory values while the game is running. Here are the tables for cheat engine: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=586479 Didn't test everything there but weightless inventory is definitely working...

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:57:14 pm »
I think that such mode would hurt the seriousness and reputation of Underrail as a hardcore old school rpg game. It's often even seen as a true sequel to Fallout 2.
Days where games like this would add cheat codes/modes are gone.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 04:39:04 am »
Well, the game already has easy/normal/hard and oddity/classic.  Since many people would probably just cheat anyways here, figured it would save people time.

criosray

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 07:19:46 am »
I think that such mode would hurt the seriousness and reputation of Underrail as a hardcore old school rpg game. It's often even seen as a true sequel to Fallout 2.
Days where games like this would add cheat codes/modes are gone.

Because video games are serious business, yeah? :) Well, it should be an option and not even a default one. In many aspects this game is more hardcore than Fallout 1/2 in any case, so it wouldn't matter much.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 07:45:43 am »
Because video games are serious business, yeah? :)

:P

gerahmurov

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 09:59:14 pm »
>3) Trader's buy everything, but at half price
This would be awesome. Even if 1/4 of full price. I don't think there is a Junk in the post-apoc but I store tones of Rathound armor which no one wants to buy.

Also it would be great as a checkbox in options and not as additional difficulty.
I have enough money right now. I just want to sell all things in my stash =)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 06:15:22 pm »
Yup, vendors used to work like that, but that was changed about two years ago.  About half of people like it the new way.