Author Topic: Lost Vault bug  (Read 3011 times)

Gorno

• Noob
    • View Profile
Lost Vault bug
« on: December 28, 2015, 09:45:55 pm »
I attempted to open footlocker at lost vault and it merely responds with message "KeyJuxTrader".
I think I pickpocket'd a key from the Lost Vault Trader but the key I think I got is identified as "Trader's Key (Caves)".

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Vault bug
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 07:46:15 am »
Here's a screenshot of the Vault Odis key mentioned above.

There's a similar situation in CampHathor.

communistsquirrel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:47:55 pm »
Not sure about the one in Hathor, but you can lockpick the one in Lost Vault. No idea what skill level is required, less than 90 or so I think.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 02:08:33 am »
On the later (duplicate) thread reporting this bug again, the following was posted:
Fixed for 1.0.0.8

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 04:22:44 pm »
Here's a screenshot of the Vault Odis key mentioned above.

There's a similar situation in CampHathor.

How old is that Hathor screenshot? That should've been fixed in 1.0.0.2. As for the Lost Vault key, that's been fixed in 1.0.0.8

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:23:30 am »
How old is that Hathor screenshot? That should've been fixed in 1.0.0.2. As for the Lost Vault key, that's been fixed in 1.0.0.8
You are awesome.

The Hathor screenshot was from v1.0.0.0. Last night I updated to v1.0.0.8 the moment GOG released it. GOG haven't been providing patchers capable of patching anything but one specific installed version, making redownloading the entire installer multiple times per monthly quota prohibitive for some of us. I've contacted them about cumulative patches but no progress yet.

I've revisted both locations now from appropriate save games and indeed, both lootables are now behaving themselves. Awesome!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:32:39 am »
You are awesome.

The Hathor screenshot was from v1.0.0.0. Last night I updated to v1.0.0.8 the moment GOG released it. GOG haven't been providing patchers capable of patching anything but one specific installed version, making redownloading the entire installer multiple times per monthly quota prohibitive for some of us. I've contacted them about cumulative patches but no progress yet.

I've revisted both locations now from appropriate save games and indeed, both lootables are now behaving themselves. Awesome!

The GOG version should be 1.0.0.9. Are you sure you got the latest patch? Btw, isn't it easier for you to just use GOG Galaxy, doesn't that download just the files that have changed?

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 01:34:21 pm »
The GOG version should be 1.0.0.9. Are you sure you got the latest patch?
I was 80% through getting v1.0.0.7 when GOG Downloader stalled. I checked the site and they'd take it down and put up v1.0.0.8 instead. So I deleted the partial download and started again.

You're right that they have since provided v1.0.0.9 -- and thankfully a patch to it this time.

Btw, isn't it easier for you to just use GOG Galaxy, doesn't that download just the files that have changed?
Probably. I guess I'll try it out in a VM. I've just found such game managers to be counter-productive in the past:
I haven't tried GOG Galaxy, no. Steam / Origin's tray executables tended to make simple things complicated, slow boot time, hog resources, download updates for the client itself silently, wasting monthly data I couldn't spare, and generally be all pain and no gain. Maybe GOG Galaxy is better :-)
It certainly would be an attractive offering if it was able to automatically transfer just the delta for installed game(s), and if the quota overhead for maintaining the Galaxy client itself is reasonable.