Author Topic: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless  (Read 13485 times)

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:30:16 pm »
There is currently dispute about what must be done to ally with the Faceless. No one seems to be able to do it without letting them kill Buzzer, yet that does not seem to be the intent of the game code that has been found. Please see this thread for details: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1763.0

Here's an entire history of my interactions with them:

--disabled the plasma sentries, snuck into Buzzer's shop, let them read my mind, convinced them to leave and spare Buzzer
--helped them in Foundry by honestly telling them everything I knew, they left peacefully and thanked me
--saved the guy in Core City, gave him a high quality health hypo
--dude showed up at the Institute to warn me to leave, I attempted to do so but the game doesn't continue unless you go and squeal to Eidein, sigh
--sat there twiddling my thumbs and doing nothing at all while the Faceless and Tchortists fought each other, then bravely ran away on the elevator

In essence I did every single thing possible to help them and nothing to harm them, ever, yet they still tell me I am "not an ally." Unless disabling the plasma sentries or using Persuasion to save Buzzer have some negative effect, there is no way they should be neutral to me. I just can't figure it out, and it's frustrating as hell.

It would be a great help to many people to get official clarification on this matter!

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:44:54 am »
+1

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »
I think there's a bug where it doesn't count if you persuaded the Faceless to let Buzzer live, only if you let them kill him off. We'll look into it.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 06:47:07 pm »
Please make fix work retroactively (as long as player hasnt gotten into end game part).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 06:56:31 pm »
Please make fix work retroactively (as long as player hasnt gotten into end game part).

We'll see what we can do.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »
Thanks.

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 10:06:19 pm »
Much appreciated, Styg.

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 08:19:03 am »
Is there a console code to set the faceless to max disposition?

Just in case and in order to allow me to keep playing instead of waiting on a patch :)

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 09:25:56 am »
 ;)

Can has update on this one?

Many players (on steam forum I saw) have stopped playing just because of this, it's worse than an engine bug :))

Or a console code which sets faceless to allies

thanks!

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »
As I mentioned earlier in the other thread, there is a way to be allied with faceless and ultimately save Buzzer, even with this bug. I suppose nobody has figured that one out yet...

Could this be perhaps a situation where you do the quest in Foundry first with Hugo and find out about Cornell before doing the quests for Rail Crossing, and then as a result can inform the Faceless Mindreader or something? I don't actually know, I'm just guessing what other solutions may exist.
Anyway, I think it's pretty awesome that there are still options out there that we don't know about. Just goes to show how expansive this game is! ;)

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:13 pm »
Good or not, they're not as pretentious as those Tchortist morons, that makes them clearly a candidate to join.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Hurodrik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »

As I mentioned earlier in the other thread, there is a way to be allied with faceless and ultimately save Buzzer, even with this bug. I suppose nobody has figured that one out yet...

Hey Epeli, could you please be more specific about what that way would be? I stopped playing until the bug was fixed, but if there is another way to get an alliance with them AND save Buzzer without picking the persuasion option, I'd be able to resume my playthrough. When I first saw you post I thought it might have something to do with the Foundry's Faceless quest, but when interacting with the mindreader my only option was to either intimidate/persuade him or let Buzzer die. =/

Hurodrik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
So, in the end, the only way not to botch the alliance and still save Buzzard is to ignore the quest until much later in the game or wait for the patch. Oh well, that's sad to hear, but thanks a lot for the answer anyway.  Is there any ETA on the next update?

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 07:09:53 pm »
Sounds like the same kind of doing-things-in-order problem that also messes up the Oculus questline, where doing Jack Quicksilver's delivery job in SGS potentially bars the player from unlocking Azif, even with a perfect score in all 3 preceeding quests. This definitely needs to be looked into.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:58 am »
I think we found the problem. If anyone has a save after persuading the mindreader to spare Buzzer's life (and before arriving to DC), please post it here so that we can test it properly. The fix should be retroactive, btw.