Author Topic: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless  (Read 13297 times)

Hurodrik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »
I think we found the problem. If anyone has a save after persuading the mindreader to spare Buzzer's life (and before arriving to DC), please post it here so that we can test it properly. The fix should be retroactive, btw.

I have a save that should work here. How can I send them to you?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 04:50:47 pm »
Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv1s0cs92rfaiw7/3.rar?dl=0&preview=3.rar

Sneaked into the shop and persuaded the mindreader, helped the group near the Foundry, saved the caged Faceless and gave him and adv. hypo. Never killed a single one.

I'm right before speaking to Eidein for the 1st time.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 05:02:30 pm »
I'm already down in DC (though deliberately haven't talked to the Facebook commander yet). I presume that by that point there won't be any retroactive effect that far down the road?
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 10:13:24 pm »
I think we found the problem. If anyone has a save after persuading the mindreader to spare Buzzer's life (and before arriving to DC), please post it here so that we can test it properly. The fix should be retroactive, btw.

Here is the save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1i1g4yoc3chw6qi/ur-save.zip?dl=0

Saved Buzzer with persuasion (plasma walkers disabled), completed main quest in Core City. Never entered Foundry area, nor antagonized any Faceless.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:51:20 pm by player1 »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 10:33:26 am »
Fixed for the next patch. Did some testing with your saves and things seem to be behaving as they should. So, persuading the mindreader to let Buzzer live will no longer affect the player's score in DC negatively, and those who did just that need not worry as long as they haven't talked to the Faceless commander yet. Those of you who avoided talking to him can do so after the patch rolls out.

However, this bug could've also prevented some of you from even being allowed to enter the Faceless territory, as the two checkpoints are where the Faceless check whether the player has helped them in either RC or Foundry; those who did only RC, and resolved it by using persuasion, were most likely forbidden from passing through due to this bug. Sadly, there is no way to redo any of these failed checks.

Thanks for the saves (and the patience), and sorry about this nasty "feature."

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 02:31:10 pm »
Just to be totally clear ------

the patch IS reteroactive (but only for the purpose of allying with the faceless, not for the purpose of entering their territory) ?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 03:32:40 pm »
Does killing Faceless in Underrail make them hostile to you in DC?
I wanted to talk to Faceless group near Core City but they attacked me! Other Faceless gorups weren't hostile. I had to defend myself. It wasn't my fault :-\

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 04:11:00 pm »
I'm also curious. I have killed all faceless in the Buzzer's shop. But nowhere else and I did save the faceless guy in the cage. Does it mean there is now way to make them not hostile in late game?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 01:20:12 am »
Uh, I don't think it works as it should.

I did everything to be friendly with them (persuaded the mindreader, helped the caged Faceless, helped the group near Foundry, never killed a single one), but speaking to Commander makes them hostile now.

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 10:27:36 am »
Uh, I don't think it works as it should.

I did everything to be friendly with them (persuaded the mindreader, helped the caged Faceless, helped the group near Foundry, never killed a single one), but speaking to Commander makes them hostile now.

Oh man.
So that's it? game stopper?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 11:24:44 am »
Definetly going to wait until it's fixed.

I don't want to sound rude or ungrateful because I know fixing bugs is not easy and time consuming, but I feel like recent hotfixes put too much emphasis on the "hot" part and not nearly enough on "fix".

Romans heart attack was "fixed" by making him disappear, Creeping Dread was "balanced" by making it possible to get rid of it entirely with an exploit, and now this. I would rather wait a little longer than get get more bugs with each hotfix.

communistsquirrel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 07:30:26 pm »
Thanks for the saves (and the patience), and sorry about this nasty "feature."

If debugging is the act of removing bugs from software, then programming is the act of adding bugs to software. Have no shame! We appreciate your diligence, and if this issue is not fixed in 1.0.0.8, you can always fix the fix.  ;D

Also folks, please remember that this is a 3 person team (unless I am mistaken), and it can sometimes take several hours to debug, find, solve, and test a single issue. Patience.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:32:37 pm by communistsquirrel »

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 12:42:40 am »
I guess I'll put my game on hold as well (unless someone can fix my save)

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:21 am »
OP here. After the hotfix, I am now able to ally with the Faceless as expected.

I restarted from a save I made at the very beginning of the Deep Caverns and went immediately to the Faceless camp, and the commander told me he trusted me and gave me permission to roam the camp and so forth. I don't know what's gone wrong for the rest of you and I'm sorry it's not working! But the fix works for me. Perhaps some more investigation is needed, but don't just put the game on hold without trying your own save.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:50 pm »
OP here. After the hotfix, I am now able to ally with the Faceless as expected.

I restarted from a save I made at the very beginning of the Deep Caverns and went immediately to the Faceless camp, and the commander told me he trusted me and gave me permission to roam the camp and so forth. I don't know what's gone wrong for the rest of you and I'm sorry it's not working! But the fix works for me. Perhaps some more investigation is needed, but don't just put the game on hold without trying your own save.
Works for me, too! :D
Thanks so much, devs! <3