Author Topic: flag Dog Crate as a Utility  (Read 1643 times)

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
flag Dog Crate as a Utility
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:58 am »
Probably the earliest encounter a new player has with Utility slot items is Bret's Hopper Roundup. Taking a bunch of Throwing Nets and Dog Crates out into the field, the player finds they can activate them by right-clicking them. The Throwing Net can be equipped in a Utility slot. Mysteriously, the Dog Crate can't. Instead, the player needs to keep the Inventory window open while chasing Hoppers. This can occupy a significant proportion of the Underrail window at minimum resolution.

If the Dog Crate were flagged as a Utility item, it could go in a slot beside the Throwing Net leading to a much more streamlined experience.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: flag Dog Crate as a Utility
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:02:41 am »
You can drag dog crate to your action bar and use it from there with number keys.

Dog crate is not an utility item because it has very specific, quest oriented, non combat usage.
Utility items are combat items. You can use nets to entagle enemies.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:50:39 pm »
Are you telling that you're carrying dog crates around with you all the time? There is only one other quest where you need them apart from Hopper Roundup. If they're utility items or not is totally insignificant.
Hmmm, too bad we can't use them to capture actual dogs. I'd love to gift Bret some mutated dogs lol.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:51 am »
Are you telling that you're carrying dog crates around with you all the time?
Yep. I have had Dog Crates in my inventory from the moment I saw them in the shop (before I got Bret's quest). Now at level 16 (using Oddities) I still have them in my inventory.

But saying that, I've read on these boards of other players hoarding in their Inventory all the keys and access cards they encounter while wandering around. I only carry the SGS Cave Access Card. Any other key I stash in a box / crate / barrel / shelf / desk as close to the door it unlocks as possible.

Hmmm, too bad we can't use them to capture actual dogs.
Yes!

You can drag dog crate to your action bar and use it from there with number keys.
Oh! Mea culpa - that satisfies the goal of this suggestion. Please disregard this thread :-) I must have missed that. Probably because when the cursor interacts with a net or grenade, decorations appear around the Utility slots in the Inventory screen, and when the cursor interacts with the Dog Crate, such decorators don't appear.

Thanks!