Author Topic: Different currencies  (Read 7311 times)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Different currencies
« on: December 07, 2012, 12:06:31 pm »
So I just played a bit of the new release and I went to the Junkyard to explore and discover quests only to find out that the settlement handle its own currency. I thought it was kinda cool, like in New vegas were the legion use coins, the strip uses dollars and the rest of the wastes trade with bottlecaps.

But one thing that confused me a bit is how the value of the object is calculated in relation to the different currencies. Do all things sell for the same amount or do different currencies have their own isolated economy, because I couldn't tell. :)

Either way, I think it's a really cool addition!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Different currencies
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »
Some currencies are more valuable than others. Stygian coin has three times the value of SGS credit. You can see the value of the currency in its tooltip (at the bottom).

Also, SGS credit is a (more or less) local currency, while stygian coin is a more wide spread.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »
Oh, ok I didn't realize that the value is global, I thought it was based on the SGS credits, now things are a lot clearer.

btw, is there a way to trade junkyard money (forget the name) for SGS money the same way you can trade SGS for JY money? Or maybe I haven't found the way to yet.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »
I'll probably make SGS accept Stygian Coins as well in the next update. It's kind of a regional currency so it makes sense.