Author Topic: (Spoilers) Finishing the Game as a Mutant  (Read 7714 times)

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(Spoilers) Finishing the Game as a Mutant
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:38:20 am »
If you beat the game after turning into a mutant while gassing the Free Drones, the game doesn't make any comment during the ending. It seems like this might be an oversight.

Most people attack on-sight as a mutant, but the people at Hanging Rat Bar don't seem to mind you. Rude Bob still comments on your ugly face, but that actually seems appropriate as a mutant. I half-expected him to compliment me on how much better my face was looking.

I notice that you lose the Psi Empathy feat, but retain all of your other feats. So you can use Locus of Control, Premeditation, and Psionic Mania as a mutant. Only Locus is useful, though.

I also noticed that a gas mask and biohazard suit don't stop you from inhaling the gas in the first place. It must be strong stuff.

Anyone else find anything interesting playing as a mutant?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:43:57 am by MichaelBurge »

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) Finishing the Game as a Mutant
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:12:50 am »
Interesting for sure. Never tried it myself. Guess that'll be going into my next playthrough. Does it change your stats in any way?
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:27:25 am »
I did it by waiting until I killed Tchort to finish that quest, so all the hard work was done as a regular character. Then I did the quest, inhaled some mutagen gas, and took a train out to North Underrail.

That's the easy way. The hard way would be to become a mutant as early as possible and complete a full playthrough. You'd be dominating Underrail hardcore if you could actually do that. I don't even know if some of the plot-critical characters like Six would let you talk to them.

Here's your stats as a mutant:
Strength: 22
Dexterity: 7
Agility: 3
Constitution: 12
Perception: 3
Will: 5
Intelligence: 2

You also get 70 melee skill.

Since you're forced to use melee, maybe you could pick up some melee feats and skills? You might want these skills:

Melee: I think you get 70 free melee skill, but I don't know how it interacts with levelups.
Biology to craft more health potions, since you'll be guzzling dozens of them down and vendors will likely all attack you on sight.
Stealth, Lockpicking, Hacking to avoid fighting whenever possible
Traps: To get a slight advantage picking someone off in a fight
Dodge, Evasion: Generally useful

And these might plausibly be useful:
Chemistry: I couldn't think of anything else you could possible use.
Thought Control: So you can get Locus of Control before you mutate.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:29:04 am by MichaelBurge »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 05:27:29 am »
I thought you at least beat DC with a mutant before I read it again. That would've been a shocker. I've been half-heartedly contemplating a mutant playthrough, but I doubt it's possible.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 08:04:16 am »
I doubt it is currently possible, because if tchortists become hostile, the gates to the institute remain locked and your character won't be able to go to deep caverns. My guess is such an ending was never planned, which is a pity, because it's an interesting idea: facing tchort as a mutant.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 11:07:47 pm »
Regarding getting to DC as mutant : could you infiltrate the Institute through the Utility Station (accessible from West upper rails) then via Harpocrates station (named after Grouchocrates' brother?), below the Institute. Then, kill everyone, take Eiden's key to the elevator and voilà.

ALl that is theoretical.

G.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 01:10:24 pm »
Regarding getting to DC as mutant : could you infiltrate the Institute through the Utility Station (accessible from West upper rails) then via Harpocrates station (named after Grouchocrates' brother?), below the Institute. Then, kill everyone, take Eiden's key to the elevator and voilà.

ALl that is theoretical.

G.
I’m pretty sure Six will attack and kill you if you approach him as a mutant, so this probably wouldn’t work.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 02:11:50 pm »

ALl that is theoretical.

G.
I’m pretty sure Six will attack and kill you if you approach him as a mutant, so this probably wouldn’t work.

At least you will die free in DC!