Author Topic: Psycho bug NPS help  (Read 2043 times)

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Psycho bug NPS help
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:29:26 am »
 Hi all

I'm on a mission that i have to capture the NPS bug alive, by using a portable neural pacifer
to catch him, but the problem is, i don

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho bug NPS help
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:25 am »
I do not understand, do i have to pay anything to be able to write all the text, or i have to be a special member?where is the rest of the text?

Cappen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:53:55 pm »
I had the same problem with the beetle: you have to bring its health down to near death (~50 i think) and then use a flashbang or a stunning ability... You'll then be able to attach the pacifier through dialogue.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 07:36:04 pm »
It seems like you used a non-standard apostrophe after that "i don". For whatever reason some ascii characters make all your text disappear after them. The preview shows everything correctly but it's still missing from the post. When writing longer threads mark all and copy just to be safe.

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 08:30:51 pm »
I had the same problem with the beetle: you have to bring its health down to near death (~50 i think) and then use a flashbang or a stunning ability... You'll then be able to attach the pacifier through dialogue.

Thanks for the help I'll try it right now ;)

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 09:32:54 am »
For whatever reason some ascii characters make all your text disappear after them.
I think you meant "some non-ASCII characters", surely? The ASCII set contains 33 non-printables and 95 printables (62 alphanumerics and minimal punctuation). All those 95 should have no problem on SMF.

As far as I've found, it's the unicode / UTF characters outside the ASCII range that cause SMF to truncate the post: likely because unicode characters contain null bytes, and in string libraries that aren't unicode aware, such a null byte indicates the end of a null-terminated-string. So vowels with accents over them, fancy apostrophes, slopey speech marks, etc. all the fancy non-ASCII symbols are telling the string library "I'm the last character in this string".

It would be very nice if the Preview render alerted the editor to the fact!