Author Topic: Bugs and Feedback  (Read 2326 times)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Bugs and Feedback
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:40:30 am »
I have played the new alpha a great deal and I'm surprised at the minimal amount of bugs, considering past experiences with alphas and betas of other games.

But there are a few bugs that I've managed to discover, some are game breaking, some are not. Here's my list:

-When poisoned, if you by chance have 1 hp left and you leave the area the exact time you take poison damage, you will transfer to the other area BUT you will be "dead", and by dead I mean your health is 0 with no means of regaining it but you can walk around, though you drop down on the ground after walking a distance, which looks hilarious in itself

-Sometimes, when sneaking or otherwise out of combat and you want to use an ability (this happens a lot for me when using Aimed shot) the cast time will run much quicker than normal but you will shoot a normal shot without cooldown, even though I selected Aimed shot.

-A minor glitch but I thought it would be worth mentioning, there's a barrel just outside a room at the GMS compound directly south of Gorsky. When you click it, you walk into the room and open the barrel through wall, instead of walking and interacting with the barrel from the outside.

-And there's another bug I haven't been able to reproduce since. It's when you are standing in a doorway with an enemy standing directly below you, if you by chance have a ranged weapon equiped (this specific case involved a .44 gun) you can't seem to target your enemy. But if you use a melee attack, you can.

-After trading, when you click the X only the window that you closed do actually closed, instead of both the shop and you inventory, which would be handy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:49:26 am by nackidno »

Arnkh

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs and Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:03:19 pm »
I'll add to this list.
As long as you don't actually take a level, exp scaling doesn't mess with you. In practical terms this means that you can keep slaughtering cave hoppers for 12 exp for as long as your patience holds, or untill the macro you've made for your fancy-pants mouse calls it quits and kills itself.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »
Thanks for the reports, guys, I'll look into it.

Nackidno, when you fired regular shots instead of aimed, did you use a numerical key to select the ability from the action bar or did you click the ability? Also keep track of the cursor when you're using a special attack, it's slightly different than normal one.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »
Nackidno, when you fired regular shots instead of aimed, did you use a numerical key to select the ability from the action bar or did you click the ability? Also keep track of the cursor when you're using a special attack, it's slightly different than normal one.

I did use a numerical key, and the cursor is "special attack filled", if you could call it that.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »

I did use a numerical key, and the cursor is "special attack filled", if you could call it that.

Ok. I'll see if I can reproduce it.