Author Topic: Is Black Arrow in the game?  (Read 4908 times)

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Is Black Arrow in the game?
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:07:31 am »
This topic has sprung up 3 times and I really can't find much info on this weapon. Is black Arrow in Underrail?  Has Any one confirmed it's existence? Closest lead I could get is that it's located in Deep caverns.

I would really wish to obtain it. More importantly is black arrow actually possible? it's not some SUPER specific method to obtain it, I really hope it's not one of those "you need 14 perception and snooping if you ever want to hope find it's secret passage".

can someone or even the devs throw me a bone on it's location or let me know it's in the game located in a sertan area? Love the shit out of this game, this is my second run and I am playing a Chemical Assault Unit class I like to call it.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Is Black Arrow in the game?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:45 am »
I've gone through whole DC and haven't found it.

Of course there is always the chance I missed some container or secret.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:39:52 am »
ya, I mean I just really want to use the weapon, I love exploration, but I am not big on mystouries especially the mysterys where you sit there and say "how is anyone suppose to figure this out?"

I doubt this game is like that, but I can't find this gun and info on it is very very scarce. It has a name, I wonder if it's really in the game.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:15 am »
Maybe better question is how did this gun got to the wiki page.
Was it legally found and stats added or was it mining through the game files?

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 12:14:17 pm »
From another thread about the Black Arrow:

It's well hidden. I take the item icons directly from game files (can't get them with correct transparency from screenshots), but I confirm item stats through my own screenshots.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »
I wonder if this is gonna be those things where you have to find it with out any help. I am really not good at that kind of stuff.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »
epeli, if you found it in order to put it on the wiki, why not put its location on the wiki?  :-\

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 06:46:01 pm »
Not now, let it be the mystery, it's good for replayability.  :)

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 04:17:36 am »
I see where your coming from with that statement, I am replaying the game too, but not everyone enjoys finding (from what i got out of the other threads) very well hidden weapons where it's stat situation to get your hands on and faction. I don't see myself replaying the game "that" many times.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 05:01:47 am »
I don't think the goal of finding an obscure unique weapon really justifies a replay all on its own. But in any case wikis are usually sources of raw info for people who want it, those who prefer to find out on their own don't have to read them.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 12:38:20 am »
epeli, if you found it in order to put it on the wiki, why not put its location on the wiki?  :-\

Sorry. It's not like I'm purposefully withholding information, I just didn't methodically screenshot where I found all the new items of 1.0. And I mean all new items, not just the unique weapons. Oddities, quest items, psi mentors, components, blueprints, et cetera. I don't remember where I got half of them, so I just quickly added the infoboxes and other basic stuff to get the pages started.

I know the wiki is far from perfect, and that's ok, wikis are always a work in progress. The quest pages are a mess, most NPC pages need work, all sorts of faction stuff needs be written from scratch, the DC monsters need pages now that their stats and encounters are probably tweaked enough and I still haven't even added the DC areas to the wiki... not to mention there are already new areas coming in the next patch (whoops, did I say that out loud :p) The point is, documenting entire full-length RPG mostly alone is quite a bit of work and recently I haven't had as much time for that as I'd like.

But to be honest, I was hoping someone else could fill in small details now that we've got some active editors. Styg should be opening the wiki for registration/editing any day now but if you want an account in the meantime, just let me or Styg know.

As a matter of fact I would love an account so I can add info to the wiki, I am pretty early into the game and Plan to document my encounters of things in the game. I am currently playing a chemical Assault Unit. Atleast I like to call it that, name speaks for itself. Using chemical Warfare to win, Gas grenades, poison traps, Poison Caltrops etc.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 01:10:57 am »
(whoops, did I say that out loud :p)

I saw what you did! ;D

robling

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »

Sorry. It's not like I'm purposefully withholding information, I just didn't methodically screenshot where I found all the new items of 1.0. And I mean all new items, not just the unique weapons. Oddities, quest items, psi mentors, components, blueprints, et cetera. I don't remember where I got half of them, so I just quickly added the infoboxes and other basic stuff to get the pages started.

I know the wiki is far from perfect, and that's ok, wikis are always a work in progress. The quest pages are a mess, most NPC pages need work, all sorts of faction stuff needs be written from scratch, the DC monsters need pages now that their stats and encounters are probably tweaked enough and I still haven't even added the DC areas to the wiki... not to mention there are already new areas coming in the next patch (whoops, did I say that out loud :p) The point is, documenting entire full-length RPG mostly alone is quite a bit of work and recently I haven't had as much time for that as I'd like.

But to be honest, I was hoping someone else could fill in small details now that we've got some active editors. Styg should be opening the wiki for registration/editing any day now but if you want an account in the meantime, just let me or Styg know.

You've done and do great work and no one can fairly expect any of it from you in the first place.

Part of what I find so special about this game is that it treats you like a capable adult and the wiki not containing every single detail adds to it perfectly.

Thanks for the work you've put in already and I, for one, can appreciate that boundaries create value.  In this case, the boundary is effort and it makes the item all the more valuable and special.

In a world where games give the player everything, it's nice to really work for it.  It's nice be able to feel that extra level of immersion.