Author Topic: Al Fabet  (Read 34473 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Al Fabet
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:32:16 am »
Screw you too, Styg.  :P

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Al Fabet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:06:56 am »
Al Fabet pls just leave stuff behind

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:00:37 pm »
Al Fabet and pile of old money are my favorite jokes in the game

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 01:32:34 pm »
The sad part about Al Fabet is that rather than listening to valid feedback from players the developers instead chose to make a mockery of siad players. Goes to show how much they respect people who actively try to help the development of their game.

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 10:47:18 pm »
The sad part about Al Fabet is that rather than listening to valid feedback from players the developers instead chose to make a mockery of siad players. Goes to show how much they respect people who actively try to help the development of their game.

don't know if there's some kind of a backstory to this, but it seems to me that you're just a bit too oversensitive. :)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 11:51:02 pm »
Out of everyone who has ever complained on the forum about the problems with carry weights and limits of merchants buying things I was by far the most active and constantly going over this every time (well, up to a point anyway) a new patch came out or someone made a new complaint about this.

It isn't also coincidence that the name is somewhat close to mine.

I don't feel offended on a personal level by this. What bothers me is that rather than taking a valid complaint about the system seriously, Styg chose to instead make a mockery of a customer.

To contextualise this more. Before the patch which introduced the changes to carry weight and merchants I really loved the game, gave pelnty of feedback which was generally well received by otehr people and Styg.

After that patch I stop giving any feedback except about this and this happened for a very simple reason. The game is unplayble to me as a result of these changes. I cannot play the game if I'm not looting everything and selling everything. In my opinion this system creates 2 problems.

First, it removes the pleasant part of getting loot, you just cannot carry it all and heck, even what you can carry you can't sell everything anyway. Yay another gun dropped... If only they'd buy it anyway...

Second, it removes the whole point of exploring. Going of the beaten track to get more loot is the major point of doing it. Sure you can do it once just to see everything, but after that exploration is useless. Similarly, it is unnecessary to even do side quests because again, what you can carry is extremely limited even on 10 str and then again, you cannot sell everything that you can carry.

Styg chose to ignore this problem. Despite the fact that no one complained with the previous system, only the new system had complaints even if some people lked it. He also said he'd think about adding an option to remove these limits, something he chose not to do but he never promissed anything anyway.

But the real point is. Rather than taking feedback to heart and at least add an option like he did with the oddity or classic system. He not only decided not to listen to the feedback, but he also decided to make a mockery out of that feedback.

Again I don't feel personally insulted, but it's a very bad attitude from the Dev.

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 01:01:59 am »
If I was Styg I would add more game options like:
  • Ironman - more XP and unique powerful items elsewhere. If the character dies it dies once and forever.
  • Rathound - carry any amount of items with no penalty.

Mods might help here as well.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 01:12:10 am »

Now I'm sure that I understood joke right!  :D

Also this game is creation of certain mind, certain personality.
If he see game like this - he see it like this for a reason.
Game isn't a set of machanics (it's not a cybersport moba-crap), it's a living world with its own history and atmosphere, colour and smell, taste in general.
What you want is to add something that don't belong to this world - diablo-like mechanic, which was roguelike game at the start.
It doesn't fit this game, that's all.
And I don't know what's all fuzz about, since we have cheatengine to run game faster, and I think there is somewhere cheats on amount of carry weight.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:21:31 am by Fenix »

ugo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 03:54:58 am »
No enough capacity?too bad ,and welcome to the first world problems of RPGs!

And I don't think this is a "bad attitude from the Dev" ,  why would that be ?
Because they didn't take your advice?  No, i bet it is not.   unplayable? maybe you should start a crowdfunding to cure OCD.
Because they didn't take your advice seriously?  how do you know?  what if they never take your advice and say nothing but "no thanks" ? would that be “polite” enough for you?   
it is a joke,for you and every player who thought the sameway ,I will be laughing and forget --  if not honored.
only thing make you feel sad,or ill treated is that you taking it too seriously and never appreciate the joke. that's kind of sad IMO.

For the idea itself.  I don't think some easy going trading machine will make this hardcore RPG better. you want your stuff stack to 255 ? just go anywhere else ,you will get it.

I personally like an OP charactor who can dominanting the game world , rob every coins, kill every one i don't like, and have a happy ending with my 8 beautiful wives ... but ,that will only happens when I am the head dev-- even i know that would be a bad news for the game itself, and no, I like that doesn't mean I play softcore stuffs for some easy satisfaction, I like it the hardcore way, even that made me paiful.
so I have to get through tough decisions, arrenge my back pack every 10 mins, fearing all the consequences for killing merely a chicken.  yeah I'm talking about Elder scroll and screw that game, they can not make out a good game machine since Battle Spire.
Some can made a game that satisfy most people and recieving few complains, and the games they made look all the same ,fallout elder scroll whatever-- people like it the same, and tolerance the same flaws , we can sell that shit forever -- the end of story. 
we had enough of that wimps,fear of changing would cause negtive feedbacks, remove founder's ‘so called‘ offensive jokes or so. fear of lose business is killing ideas, somethimes good ones.  we need devs who  know what they are doing ,even that may not exactly what players wanted.

players sometimes can be a bunch of ungrateful bastards hard to be contented, i would say, and take orders from players your games will end up mediocrity. don't mind them ,just keep your ideas ,and this one is brilliant, even I am paifull right now,but it is ok, now I can look down upon all those infinite capacity mod users of Elder scrolls.

--BTW dying is so annoyed lets make the charactor immortal.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:19:28 am by ugo »

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 05:36:47 am »
I don't mind the joke. This was a joke topic. I do wish the economy made more sense though, don't see any reason why food vendors purchase so little food. What, is there an overabundance of food in Underrail? Everyone living there too fat with mushrooms and hopper steaks? Afraid players might get too rich selling 100 kg of eels for the cost of riding the metro twice? Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:46:16 am by Sanger »

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 07:59:28 am »
This situation makes the Pack rathound feat almost mandatory, specially if you are going to do some serious crafting. I am level 12 and I am having big trouble selling almost everything. The reason is most vendors don't have enough money. Yes, I could trade any stuff for a different one but that doesn't alleviate my encumbrance.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 11:12:23 am »
My own guide to combat encumbrance:

1) Stashes. Have at least one near every location that has merchants.

2) Recycle. There are many low cost items that are worth more if recycled and turned into repair kits. And even some merchants buy those.

3) Crafting and recycle. Sometimes it is more profitable to create leather armor from skins and then recycle those armors

4) Wiki documentation. I have documented what each merchant is buying (that I have encountered) and how much cash they have in official wiki, to make it easier to plan "trade routes".

5) Save scumming. If you haven't recently visited the merchant, the act of initiating bartering will generate what they want to buy. This can be abused with save/load, but personally, I used it mostly to complete wiki documentation on merchants to gather what they may want to buy.

6) Pack Rathound. Nuff said...

7) When going to combat area or wildness exploring, equip just needed combat gear. Do not carry crafting equipment, ammo for weapons you do not use, or extra suits of armor that do not give protection needed for the area. Players that played game at least once have advantage here, since they may know what to expect. Also you never need to carry more then couple of grenades of each type. Keep extras in stashes. Same for mines.

8 ) When traveling to different town for the first time, carry also your "traveling pack". This includes most important crating gear you may use in new area, any excess ammo and specialized armors with different resistances and such.

Also, this is great opportunity to carry the "loot bag" to pawn to new merchants. Here focus on medium value gear that is light. Stuff that costs 10,000 is just too difficult to sell, while low value or heavy stuff is not worth carrying around. Use wiki to get info on merchants and what they want to buy. For example, never carry boots to Camp Hathor or Railroad crossing, since there is no merchant there that would buy those.

9) It is OK to go to new town with light encumbrance, if there is train or boat route to the place. You will create stash there anyway.

robling

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:16 am »
I find it very strange that you miss the point so completely.  This isn't like new games that hold your hand.  This is supposed to represent a realistic version of this world.  It is insane to assume that all vendors want all items at all times when trade is so scarce.  It is not difficult to take your time and realize that you can either just leave things and come back or make trips back to your apartment/room.

I have an apartment FULL of items.

If this makes it unplayable, that's fine.  You must, however, realize your attitude is pedantic and bothersome and is entirely too dramatic about a minor inconvenience which is a part of an overall theme of the game not holding your hand.

I'm glad the carry limits are what they are and that the trade system functions as it does.  It's very much like the original Fallouts, where in order to trade you had to travel and plan.

If you need your hand held, there are plenty of games out there for you.  I'd say that you're missing the point of a harsh world where trading is minimal and where the shop owners you trade with have budget concerns and a limited ability to move merchandise, which makes sense given the brutality of the ingame world and how hard it is to travel to sell items.  This all means the trading system makes sense.

It's pretty gross to read your complains, honestly.  Where I styg, I'd likely be far less amicable to someone who so clearly missed the point entirely  You being a customer doesn't make you above being totally dramatic, misinformed, and so connected to such a silly concept.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:12 am »
I'm glad the carry limits are what they are and that the trade system functions as it does.  It's very much like the original Fallouts, where in order to trade you had to travel and plan.

Ha, that is a bold lie. In Fallout anyone would buy anything as long as they had something to trade for it.

The trading system in Underrail is understandable from a game balance point of view but it makes little sense a lot of the time. Traders will buy any amount of ammunition but not any amount of food (guess which one of these things is likely to be in higher demand? hint, it's the one that everybody needs constantly regardless of circumstances), they'll buy any amount of plain crossbow bolts but only a couple of special bolts at a time for some inexplicable reason (one would think the deadlier bolts would be in higher demand!), etc.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:42:56 am by Sanger »

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 01:16:27 am »
It isn't also coincidence that the name is somewhat close to mine.
I think you're thinking into this way way way too much