Author Topic: Skynet's plans foiled by a door  (Read 2694 times)

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Skynet's plans foiled by a door
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:10:37 pm »
In the GMS compound mission, where you need to unlock a room, you go through a level infested with robots (alright, there's only three of them, but those guys are a pain in the ass). I couldn't get past them, and a few rage-inducing moments later, I found the solution; doors.

Robots can't open doors, and you can. Making very viable a tactic consisting of:

-Opening the door
-Aimed shot
-Closing the door
-Wait 3 turns (Aimed shot CD)
-Repeat

Is this an intended behavior ? Is this worth fixing ? I don't know, but it certainly made fighting them a whole lot easier.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:43:06 pm by BlackGyver »

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's plans foiled by a door
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
shhh, dont tell him, i thought that was my secret....now that cats out of the bag....

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
I believe it is intentional since robots don't have arms. Another tip is to use the Omni tool to access the ventilation shafts, the area becomes 10 times easier to get around that way.

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »
I believe it is intentional since robots don't have arms. Another tip is to use the Omni tool to access the ventilation shafts, the area becomes 10 times easier to get around that way.

That I did, but I really wanted to search every container; it gets pretty hard. Especially since they had detection levels so high I couldn't sneak past them.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »
It's intended for them not to be able to open doors, but I'm not too fond of that tactic so I might do something about it at one point.

One thing that comes to mind is to increase AP cost of operating doors during combat.