Author Topic: SPOILERS END GAME  (Read 8262 times)

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILERS END GAME
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 05:52:46 am »
I see where he is coming from, guess I should be more specific with my intention. Ultimately I am just excited to see more of under-rail weather it be a sequel or expansion. I just want more. Period.

Me and you both man! <3

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 12:40:37 pm »
With the game's very Dark Souls-esque approach to storytelling I guess an expansion that solves the remaining questions (or, rather, leads all of them into one big fucking question :P ) is pretty much to be expected. In fact, a few days ago Epeli dropped a faint insinuation that Styg might actually be working on something right now.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

blakjak

• Probably not a Spambot
  • sic itur ad astra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »
In fact, a few days ago Epeli dropped a faint insinuation that Styg might actually be working on something right now.

Interdasting, where'd you see that?

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 10:41:00 pm »
With the game's very Dark Souls-esque approach to storytelling I guess an expansion that solves the remaining questions (or, rather, leads all of them into one big fucking question :P ) is pretty much to be expected. In fact, a few days ago Epeli dropped a faint insinuation that Styg might actually be working on something right now.

The game story telling is very formal

(what I am about to say, please don't take it as me being offended or me lashing out)

You guys think this game is a giant ball of un-answered questions?

let me tell you something about giant balls of un-answered question. Rite now, get on netflixe and marathon through all 5 (or was it 6,7?) of LOST. I promis you, the next time you come back to this thread, you will be very upset that you waisted a solid 62 hours of your time watching a show that makes it to where every time they answer a question, 3 more is created. the entire show is a ball of un-answered questions that they never even get around to answering. Good times.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 03:39:39 pm »

The game story telling is very formal

(what I am about to say, please don't take it as me being offended or me lashing out)

You guys think this game is a giant ball of un-answered questions?

let me tell you something about giant balls of un-answered question. Rite now, get on netflixe and marathon through all 5 (or was it 6,7?) of LOST. I promis you, the next time you come back to this thread, you will be very upset that you waisted a solid 62 hours of your time watching a show that makes it to where every time they answer a question, 3 more is created. the entire show is a ball of un-answered questions that they never even get around to answering. Good times.

Although storytelling in an interactive media is much different than television. xP

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »
Thoughts on a sequel / DLC:

I'd like to see another game made with this engine, but with more randomness. There's also a randomness aspect in items, which makes exploring scavenging for better quality stuff sense, but there definitely should be a xp system for opponents and some random inventory. Also lots more variety both in enemies and stuff. Story is ok, but this is really not a story, but a combat-driven game, so focusing on that aspect and exploring would make sense. Also randomization of caverns would be extremely welcome. If you guys have played any of those roguelikes (nethack, adom), starting again and again wouldn't hurt, because beginning from the very first screen you would have opportunity to enocunter something special. Currently biggest issue in Underrail replayability is that you need to go through lots of the very same content if you try different builds before you can choose for yourself on where do you want to go and what to do.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »
Thoughts on a sequel / DLC:

I'd like to see another game made with this engine, but with more randomness. There's also a randomness aspect in items, which makes exploring scavenging for better quality stuff sense, but there definitely should be a xp system for opponents and some random inventory. Also lots more variety both in enemies and stuff. Story is ok, but this is really not a story, but a combat-driven game, so focusing on that aspect and exploring would make sense. Also randomization of caverns would be extremely welcome. If you guys have played any of those roguelikes (nethack, adom), starting again and again wouldn't hurt, because beginning from the very first screen you would have opportunity to enocunter something special. Currently biggest issue in Underrail replayability is that you need to go through lots of the very same content if you try different builds before you can choose for yourself on where do you want to go and what to do.

They already said they are moving engines from XNA due to lack of support from Microsoft.

Also, the point of the game isn't to be a roguelike, just a Fallout-Esque RPG with a focus on combat and story.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 04:15:12 pm »
Developing the game into roguelike-style would perhaps be too much of a deviation from the original concept, but in comparison to Fallout I'd really like to see more freedom at the very beginning. Even if there's little randomness, the option to do whatever you want from the start helps to keep reruns interesting. Going through the "kill the rats in the cellar" clich

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »
Developing the game into roguelike-style would perhaps be too much of a deviation from the original concept, but in comparison to Fallout I'd really like to see more freedom at the very beginning. Even if there's little randomness, the option to do whatever you want from the start helps to keep reruns interesting. Going through the "kill the rats in the cellar" clich

Well variety is good, but there's already variety in pretty much all of the questlines in the game, including the first couple quests.

Although yeah, I understand what you mean. Perhaps an expansion would be a good way to add some more variety to this game.  ;)

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 05:05:15 am »

Considering how much work they've put into their own engine and its tools, it would be reasonable to assume any future games will be made with updated versions of the same engine. Likely ported from XNA to monogame or some other alternative.

Early on in development, way before alpha, Styg did had plans for more randomness (maps/combat encounters) but couldn't find a a satisfactory way to implement those plans. Could happen in the future.

Oh yeah, forgot about them possibly porting it. But it would be interesting to see them take a different design approach to visuals too. Although with such a small team it's probably best they stick to their own engine.