Author Topic: Hard lockup doing things a peculiar way... v1.0.1.4 (spoilers)  (Read 1375 times)

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
If tl;dr - start at the bottom.. :)

I've found I can cause Underrail to do a hard lockup (have to end the task) if I do things a peculiar way (that is probably very 'not normal') but isn't 'cheating' either.

My PC has approx. 300 stealth with his Cloak active.

In the University, I can sneak into the Deep Caverns elevator room (having avoided starting Strange Tremors), hack the elevator button, and press it. The Faceless immediately assault. I can 'ride out' the assault by keeping in stealth and staying out of the way.

After it is over, I can sneak back out of the elevator room (doing so via the stairs and not via the passenger elevator going up - I haven't tried that way yet). From there I can sneak back into the vent and get to the West Wing.

In the West Wing, I drop out thru the hole in the floor.

From there I can go visit the other two elevators - the one at the Hanging Rat pub, and the other one near SGS. (Basically i was curious if either one now had power and had become operational)

I can visit the one at the Hanging Rat with no problems (including pressing the power button).

BUT - If I merely enter the zone of the Deep Cavern elevator near SGS - Underrail does a hard lockup. I can't do anything besides step into that zone - then boom - lockup. Have to end task.

Probably an unorthodox thing to do - but since it locks up I figured I should at least report it..

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Hard lockup doing things a peculiar way... v1.0.1.4 (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
We're taking a look at it, but in any case, you're not supposed to leave the Institute during the invasion or if you're hostile with the Tchortists, as there's currently no way for you to get back into the Institute in such cases. So it's a bug since leaving = broken main quest. Fixed that, but we'll still be taking a look at the elevator bug.

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »
Let me refine my post a little bit..

I just went to duplicate the issue so that I could screenshot the locked-up game and post it, so that you could see the "little blue spinning circle" that I saw - and then I fiddled with the screenshot a bit.

While doing that, to my surprise, the game "came back to life".

Turns out - it isn't locked up for good - just for a minute or so. Then the blue circle goes away, and the game is again responsive.

I apologize for jumping the gun on it.

Too bad we won't be able to "break" the main quest there anymore.. :)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:40:10 am »
We found what caused the issue with the elevator. Fixed for the next patch. :)