Author Topic: Grinding  (Read 9590 times)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Grinding
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »
I came to think about this infamous game mechanic when I was playing Underrail and I didn't have the money to buy meself some stimpaks so I had to find a way to get some quick money. I recalled someone saying that the mushrooms spawn quite quickly so I thought maybe I could fetch a large amount of lake mushrooms and trade them in for stims, and that's exactly what I did, to be fair it did't take that long, since you get 2 mushrooms per pick 4(?) times per cluster, it took me about ten minutes to gather around 200 mushrooms, that I sold for stims in the medic level in SGS. At the time I thought like playing my good old MMO again, but now it seemed like an appropriate scenario concidering the curcimstances in the area with Junkyard and everything.

Do you as a player support these kind of exploits, or do you think they are an abomination upon gaming mechanics? Share your thoughts!

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Grinding
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »
i have one thought on that subject and another on you not having enough credits...the first being i felt that the lake mushrooms growing quite fast wasnt a problem mainly because they are only worth one credit apiece, and it brings into account the true sense of the word farming.  not game farming but true farming for mushrooms kinda like the avernum universe.  secondly i dont seem to understand how you could not have enough sgs credits or charons since when i played the game i had guns and armor and ammo coming out of my ears, eyes and arsehole...which i would then sell and have literally thousands of credits and charons....

toudi_sk

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Madbrahmin Vault Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:15:50 pm »
I prefer free medical treatment at Dr. Pasquale and good tactics against drug use, but rpg element allows each individual action in the game

My business margin is about 365% :D but crafting Padded Rathound Leather Overcoat for sale is good way to obtain ammo too
I apologize for my google translator english

looking for NORTH? follov number 3

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:39 pm »
Needless to say I'm a bad gamer, always has been. But I still enjoy the game. I noticed that playing a stealthed character is overpowered, mainly because of the stuff you can right up steal from various places in SGS before going into the caverns.

I think the reason for my troubles were the Jack Quicksilver quest which spawn three bandits just in front of the compound, I just couldn't take them without dying, and I had already cleared out the caverns so I had nowhere else to go, except Junkyard, but most quests were too hard for me there too.

not game farming but true farming for mushrooms kinda like the avernum universe.

I thought that as well some, but I still got that MMO grind feel that I have mixed feelings about. It's great in fetch quests but It gets kinda tedious when it's all about getting quick cash.

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »
dont feel bad i died over and over and over again...i did alot of grenade and pyro spamming until i was able to finally create some metal armor that had over 50% mechanical,  something like 17% cold and 5 points towards acid or bio or something like that...after that i was able to breathe a little bit...

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 03:07:54 am »
Gotta admit I farmed around 200 fishing poles (3 at a time, changing zones between the Gambling House and the zone south of it) because I needed the cash to empty all Junkyard's shops from their most interesting items.

I think the reason for my troubles were the Jack Quicksilver quest which spawn three bandits just in front of the compound, I just couldn't take them without dying, and I had already cleared out the caverns so I had nowhere else to go, except Junkyard, but most quests were too hard for me there too.

Those bandits can be cleared with a simple fragmentation grenade, IIRC; stealth close to them (but not too close), do not engage combat and throw a grenade. You'll pop out of stealth and they'll initiate dialogue with you, effectively freezing time. End the dialog tree and the game resumes, leaving them with a grenade exploding right under their feet, and no bugged quest.

hillman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »
Mindhrooms grow back in an hour...i guess you could leave the game running and do something else then go harvest them.  Free medical care is also highly helpful as someone else suggested.  Also, invest in lockpicking and electronic lockpicking - this will give you a ton of loot.  I got both of those skills up to around 50 and was able to open everything in the later stages of the alpha.  After several rounds of combat, opening every locked door, box, locker, etc that I could, I have so much freaking loot I'm sure I could clean several vendors out of their cash.  There is also a side quest in the junkyard - you talk to an old man - that gives you access to some serious dough :)

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:14 am »
yep, that was exactly what i did and got...tons of loot....