Author Topic: Freeing the "rejects"  (Read 3953 times)

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
Freeing the "rejects"
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:24:34 am »
Greetings

I'm trying to have the rejects escape through the ventilation shaft, the same that you use to get into the "utility section" but even with all of the Tchortists dead in the area where they're being kept my character will not simply tell "how to escape".
I firmly believe this is a bug because I've managed to have them run for that ventilation shaft once before but now it seems that's just not gonna happen, I think it's bugged but if anyone else knows something I don't then please do tell.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Freeing the "rejects"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:29:44 am »
Aaaaahhh....

So I actually have to 'interact' with said hole before my character will bother to remember it?
Will try to see if this fixes my current issue when I get home.

Thanks for the tip.  8)

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:57:49 pm »
Right so I managed to make my character understand the 'route' to tell the "rejects" about HOWEVER that only became possible after I had JUMPED down the hole which I'm not sure if that's intended or not, probably is since you don't know at the time it'll lead to upperrail outside of the institute.

Although I had to inject some morphine before making the jump since I'm playing on hard diff. with 3 points in constitution but that's okay I guess all things considered.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:17:37 am »
Yes but what I'm saying is that I didn't get the option to tell the "rejects" how they are to escape until AFTER I had made the jump down the hole, it wasn't 'good enough' by merely going over to the hole and 'interact' with it or should I say 'looking down' into the hole.
So I guess we're talking about a bug then?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:19:46 am by X41823T »

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:43:25 pm »
You shouldn't need to jump down. As you initially suspected, interacting with the hole is enough for your character to know about it. But just visiting the zone and seeing the hole isn't enough, you have to click it to examine it closer.

Something about this dialogue isn't working correctly. When I talk to rejects, they start dialogue from the very beginning each time I talk to them.
I was able to talk to them about escaping to the vent first time but since I did not interact with the hole, I was not able to make them escape the first time I talked to them.

Now I don't even have option to talk to them about the vent.

tl;dr:
you have to interact with both dialogue in hand:
1. Escape through vent.
2. Then use the hole in the ground to escape.

Otherwise it just breaks. No way to make them escape.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 03:11:44 pm »
There were some issues with a few flags in that dialog. I've fixed it and it should work properly now. Now, the option to tell them about the hole through which they can escape will appear when it should, and Sharp's introduction will no longer loop endlessly.

That would be all. Thank you for your attention.