Author Topic: Need help with a DC bossfight (spoilers)  (Read 1973 times)

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Need help with a DC bossfight (spoilers)
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:11:29 am »
I desperately require some advice on how to defeat IRIS. I can't repair the gate (wiki says you need 115 minimum mechanical skill, I have 50) so I need an AI core.
Playing full psi/melee character. Don't have enough strength to wear metal armor.

What do? The moment I start the fight four turrets pop up and drain half my energy shield in one salvo (1000 capacity shield for the record), the industrial bots get in my face and wreck my shit, and EMP grenades just don't do enough.

Am I fucked? I've been playing this game for so long now and I am so close to finishing it, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how I am supposed to beat these robots. Psionics seem to deal very little damage to them altogether, and I am Level 25 so I can't level up to increase my mechanical skill any more.

I appreciate any tips and strategies, hell I even appreciate tips that border on cheating. I just really want to be able to finish this game now.

Sincerely,
- Noob

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a DC bossfight (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:02 am »
Wow, sorry, I feel like a complete idiot now. The first try after making this post I beat IRIS.

Yet another fight won with force-wall scumming.  :D

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:44:18 am »
Wow, sorry, I feel like a complete idiot now. The first try after making this post I beat IRIS.

Yet another fight won with force-wall scumming.  :D

I call it game-winning tactics.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:57:51 am »
Indeed!

So I have a completely different question now. About the mutagen puzzle. I think I understand what to do to get the right sequence, but am I supposed to manually write down the sequence of all the mutagen reagents when scanning them? I am at the mutagen combinator now, and while the contents of each mutagen reagent pops up when I select one for the sequence, it doesn't say which negative atoms it contains. Am I supposed to go back to hollow earth, scan every single reagent and type down their contents in notepad?

This seems like an overly daunting way to handle things, even by Underrail standards. Of course I can deduce which negative atoms the reagents contain through trial and error, but is this or scanning and writing it down necessary, or am I missing something?

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »
Indeed!

So I have a completely different question now. About the mutagen puzzle. I think I understand what to do to get the right sequence, but am I supposed to manually write down the sequence of all the mutagen reagents when scanning them? I am at the mutagen combinator now, and while the contents of each mutagen reagent pops up when I select one for the sequence, it doesn't say which negative atoms it contains. Am I supposed to go back to hollow earth, scan every single reagent and type down their contents in notepad?

This seems like an overly daunting way to handle things, even by Underrail standards. Of course I can deduce which negative atoms the reagents contain through trial and error, but is this or scanning and writing it down necessary, or am I missing something?
I recommending writing down... Hell, I had paper I used previously to map out DC because this place is huge.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 05:05:28 pm »
Fair enough, it didn't take as much time as I suspected. Finished the game now!  :D
Surprisingly easy boss fight I must say(especially after reading some horror stories about how he is hardly doable with some builds), I didn't even notice the mutagen tanks after killing him, and I guess you are supposed to destroy those or something? Long live psionics! Even with the 200 hp health regen per turn (guessing this would be disabled if you destroyed tanks), simple neural overload spam had him go down fairly fast due to mental subversion. Guessing my CAU armor also contributed nicely to letting me ignore the tentacles.

After playing through the end with its little plot reveal I really really really hope that Styg and the crew will make some more Underrail content, be it in the form of an expansion or a sequel or what have you. I also hope more people notice this game so there can be more lore discussions about it, I found some, but I need more! MORE!!!!

Good stuff!