Author Topic: Grenades And Grenade Skill  (Read 1920 times)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Grenades And Grenade Skill
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:50:21 pm »
I was talking to some friends today about RPGs in general and we got into skills and skill check and how they influence the gameplay. It instantly reminded me of how broken the grenades are in Underrail. And we came up with a pretty cool idea to encourage skill improvement for grenades:

The thing is, right now, no matter how low skill you have, your grenades always land where you click, but we came up with an idea that makes throwing the grenades trickier. Lowering the dmg for the grenades seemed like a bad idea because it's not logical to let the skill dictate the dmg output. But instead the skill affect how well you toss the grenade and where it lands, and by having a certain area around the aim cursor where the grenade will land randomly in the area, for example, a low grenade skill will make the area larger, so it's a lesser chance of it landing on the target coord. And a higher skill will make the area smaller so the chance of landing on the target coord is greater.

Attached an image to further visualize the idea.

What do you guys think?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Grenades And Grenade Skill
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:36:33 pm »
Yes, this is how I plan to rework the grenades (and some other things) in the near future.