Author Topic: Dev Log #47: Announcing Underrail: Expedition  (Read 26695 times)

Phoenix7786

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #47: Announcing Underrail: Expedition
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 05:10:29 am »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »
the best part of the announce is that we got to know that this is the first expansion of many to come
nice work to all team. Can we count on new weapons like shotguns ,new type of stealth weapons , bazookas ( hey you give us a Dreadnought so how hard can it be build a bazooka) and for the love of God, can we change the color of the character this time 8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:03:25 am by Planet-X »

Diggfinger

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »
Yay, finally we get to see what blackwater is all about! No continuation of the main storyline yet, it seems. Just how many expansions have you planned already!? ;)

Also, what are your plans for Underrail updates? Will there be new patches to the base game once Expedition is released, or will future updates be through the expansion?

As many DLCs as we feel like, as long as it's profitable.

We will continue to release updates for the base game as well. In the next update, you'll find that, in addition to fixing bugs, we've done some improvements as well. But more on that in some future dev log. ;)

Styg,

what are your current thoughts regarding: 
a) length compared to the original game - 1/2, 1/4? My recommendation: keep it short (packed with content!) and sweet rather than too long!
b) Will the DLC improve the general game i.e. can we use the skills etc. to finish the original game? And vice-versa, can we finish the original game and then the DLC? 
Would be cool to see a 'Blizzard style' expansion which really fits naturally with the base game (e.g. like Diablo 2 and LoD).

This is great news!

- Digg

- Lars

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 07:20:06 am »
Yay, finally we get to see what blackwater is all about! No continuation of the main storyline yet, it seems. Just how many expansions have you planned already!? ;)

Also, what are your plans for Underrail updates? Will there be new patches to the base game once Expedition is released, or will future updates be through the expansion?

As many DLCs as we feel like, as long as it's profitable.

We will continue to release updates for the base game as well. In the next update, you'll find that, in addition to fixing bugs, we've done some improvements as well. But more on that in some future dev log. ;)

Styg,

what are your current thoughts regarding: 
a) length compared to the original game - 1/2, 1/4? My recommendation: keep it short (packed with content!) and sweet rather than too long!
b) Will the DLC improve the general game i.e. can we use the skills etc. to finish the original game? And vice-versa, can we finish the original game and then the DLC? 
Would be cool to see a 'Blizzard style' expansion which really fits naturally with the base game (e.g. like Diablo 2 and LoD).

This is great news!

- Digg

- Lars

a. (copypasta from RPGCodex) Hard to tell at this point. The main quest of the DLC might not take that long to finish if you know what you're doing, but there will definitely be a lot of areas (over 100) to explore if you're into that.

b. You will be able to use the new mechanics while doing the old content, yes. The DLC will be a seamless part of the existing world. You can also do the new DLC content after finishing the original campaign, as long as you don't trigger the actual end-game sequence.

LifeTears

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:54:59 pm »
Styg,

Could you share some light on the level cap? I'm about 3 experience levels in after level 25. Will i automatically get those 3 levels or will my experience go down to level 25 and ill have to work my way up?

As well as is there an ETA on main story line expansion?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 08:10:19 am »
Styg,

Could you share some light on the level cap? I'm about 3 experience levels in after level 25. Will i automatically get those 3 levels or will my experience go down to level 25 and ill have to work my way up?

Your accumulated experience won't go to waste.

I will never give ETA on anything ever again!

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »
Styg,

I will never give ETA on anything ever again!
Aw, come-on.... everybody has a price... ;)

Mine is Buffalo wings and good coffee...

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 03:57:01 pm »
Good morning,

I was thinking to something: is it possible to play that extension if we didn't finish the game? For example, with a character blocked on Deep Cavern, will i be able to start the extension with my character?

If not, I guess I need to keep a save where I am still in the Tchortist Institute...?

LifeTears

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 04:32:37 am »
Good morning,

I was thinking to something: is it possible to play that extension if we didn't finish the game? For example, with a character blocked on Deep Cavern, will i be able to start the extension with my character?

If not, I guess I need to keep a save where I am still in the Tchortist Institute...?

you cant leave the deep caverns...so yes tchortist institute save

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 01:36:13 pm »
Are you planning to make more use of the special stealth features in the Foundry prison (the "camera footage must be erased if detected or you're in trouble" kind of stuff) in the expansion? That was an interesting gimmick, yet the game doesn't really seem to use it anywhere else than in the Foundry, in that one specific location.

Agitated

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 12:03:12 pm »
GOTY BOIS :D :D

addictedorc

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »
The new environments look awesome, I'm stoked to delve back into Underrail when this gets released!

I hope we get our own boat to cruise the waterways.  :D

Our own boat would be awesome!!!

To_an

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 12:03:21 am »
Hello Styg, i have a question about what you have said :

What will be the experience cap (not the level:) in the expansion. I ask because my character has accumulated a lot experience points (~75 000 XP, see screenshot) and i have the feeling that he will reach the new level cap (of the expansion) as soon as i will launch it. Would you, or could you be more specific on this subject ?

Screenshot :

To_an

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 12:36:53 am »
Nah, that would only get you about 2.5 levels on the current XP curve and veteran levels will require significantly more experience.
Thanks for the info epeli. I fear i will be frustated to begin the new expansion whitout enjoying level up as i progress.

where did you get those graphics mods? Looks pretty cool.
My own work epeli and far from being finished. Thanks for your nice word :)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 01:23:28 am »
where did you get those graphics mods? Looks pretty cool.
My own work epeli and far from being finished. Thanks for your nice word :)
[/quote]

Those graphics dominate! Any plans on a release in the future?