Author Topic: Let's Play Underrail Oddity Mod - French  (Read 5237 times)

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
Let's Play Underrail Oddity Mod - French
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
Hi guys,

I discovered this game during its anticipate access and as soon as the final version came out, I started doing a French let's play about it. This game is great, excellent and sometimes really tough but I am happy to play it as a fan of Fallout 1, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc...

I played now more than 80 hours and I published 75 videos (I am still playing the game because I want to finish it): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU-dnfQSy3vy2PHCJkCPfd8vyQyeDkgXr

I chose the Oddity mod which add an interesting way to play the game. As I like to search every drawers, trashes, rooms, etc in order to find treasure, this mod was perfect for me and I don't regret it. I play a character with high INT and PER and I fight with Crossbow and a little bit grenades. I can hack and unlock everything.

I am playing Underrail doing my weekly stream (Sunday afternoon, EST Time Zone) and I have 2 questions:
- Is there any way to deal with Doppelganger if you have 0 psy ability?
- I just infiltrated the Tchortist Clan (to achieve the main quest): am I really far from the End? I would like to finish it :)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:11:05 pm by ramenos »

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
Re: Let's Play Underrail Oddity Mod - French
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
Thanks a lot @epeli :)

Actually, I tested to go out of the zone when Doppelganger appeared. But even 5 or 10 minutes after, when I came back they were still there

I have another (stupid?) question: shock bolt is the best ammo I have with my crossbow (the stun is so efficient). However, even after 80 hours of game, I never found how to craft shock bolt II or III? I have discharger but I don't find secondary dischargers... Maybe it's easy but I did not find how to craft them.

Any idea ?

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »
Try holding shift + left click on stack of Micro Electroshock dischargers

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:43:12 pm »
Thanks both of you... That confirms what I though. Just a simple trick but not clearly explained :D

I just need to find a lot of dischargers now....

I only have 2 remaining quests for Tchort (Strange Tremor + Track down Rassophore Nevil). I just finished Forsaken Island which was fun.

I really hope that I will be able to achieve the big main quests soon... I don't know why but I became a little bit impatient after more than 80 hours on the game :D

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »
Guys,

I just arrived on the Deep Cavern. Enemis are horrible over there.

My crossbow does between 38-70 dps and I have the chemical armor from the boss of the protectorate but it's tough. I feel lost on that and I don't really know where to go.

On the west side, there are a lot of mushrooms. On the north, enemies are coming from holes and they pop everywhere. My stealth is extremely bad.

Do you have some tips to share in order to help me? :-[

Thanks !

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 03:45:14 pm »
Don't go into mushroom forest yet. At certain point you won't be able to return and progressing can be pretty brutal without bio protection.
You should find heavy bio suit first. I don't remember where did i found one, maybe in the power plant.

Look for vaults in areas where Tchortlings spawn. They reset spawn timer.

Head east and you will encounter East Faction. If you weren't dick to them in the past they will let you pass. You will have lots of stuff to loot there.

There is also West Faction to the north-west. If you wear their armor or have persuasion you'll be able to convince them not to attack you.

38-70 dps
Since 1 turn is 5 seconds your dpt is 190-350. Not bad.

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 01:51:19 pm »
Don't go into mushroom forest yet. At certain point you won't be able to return and progressing can be pretty brutal without bio protection.
You should find heavy bio suit first. I don't remember where did i found one, maybe in the power plant.

Look for vaults in areas where Tchortlings spawn. They reset spawn timer.

Head east and you will encounter East Faction. If you weren't dick to them in the past they will let you pass. You will have lots of stuff to loot there.

There is also West Faction to the north-west. If you wear their armor or have persuasion you'll be able to convince them not to attack you.

38-70 dps
Since 1 turn is 5 seconds your dpt is 190-350. Not bad.

Thank you for your advice. Here is the situation

- I have a bio armor (the one from the chief of the Protectorate - 50% resistance) so I can use it
- Ok for the weapon (good to know)
- I helped the injured Faceless who was on a cage. However, when I arrive on the East zone, they told me to leave... I can only go to Tchortist on the west... I feel like stucked with them.
- Good to know that vaults reset the timer. So if I understand, as soon as the eye of Tchort reaches 0 second, 1 new enemy appears on the zone?
- For the Forest, I can see there is one on the West and one the East. I know I ask a lot of questions but my character is not a solid fighter.