Author Topic: Nimble Feat Question  (Read 3639 times)

Squee

• Noob
    • View Profile
Nimble Feat Question
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »
Hi I'm pretty new to this game. Level 12-13.

How good is Nimble/Dodge/Evasion? I'm currently wearing a 15% black tactical overcoat. For a few levels I was seeing a ton of dodge and evasion. Now it seems like a very low chance to dodge or evade attacks. I'm starting to wonder how effective Nimble is and if it is even possible to finish the game built on Evasion, Dodge, and <15% penalty armor. All gear/Nimble buffs included, I believe my Evasion is around 70-75. I can't recall what the base skill is at, but it's not low. Probably ~50ish. Should Evasion be maxed at every level if I'm not going to wear heavier armor? Do I reach a point where the benefits of >15% armor outweigh the Dodge/Evasion bonuses from no penalty and Nimble?

Thanks

Squee

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Nimble Feat Question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:33:51 pm »
Thanks for the info! I think I'm on the right track, then. I also think I stumbled into a few encounters that were higher level than me. I'm at the point now where the anxiety of "Just how shitty is this first character going to be" is setting in. Too far to want to start over right yet, though.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Nimble Feat Question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:05:36 pm »
Base 50 evasion at your level is very low. How high is your agilty? It directly raises (or decreses evasion/dodge). I usually don't bother using those skills unless my build has atleaast 6 agility.
In any case, if you rely on damage avoidance you should always raise evasion/dodge to max. There are exceptions though, like when you plan to use feats like Uncanny Dodge.