Author Topic: Is this intended? (Spoilers)  (Read 1968 times)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Is this intended? (Spoilers)
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:44:25 pm »
Went to get the Mind Cracker unique sledgehammer for a future playthrough so that makes me hostile to the whole institute and triggers the invasion, fair enough, I manage to kill Eidein and gets his keycard to activate the elevator but how the heck am I supposed to survive 10 - 12 waiting turns against an unending horde of faceless?

http://bayimg.com/faIIdaAGm

I assume in an alternate route when Eidein is on the elevator room (but not activating it) I go to retrieve the unique and get the same result, the entire tchortists hostile.

Edit: Playing on 1.0.0.10, haven't updated the game so I could be wrong about this issue.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:46:22 pm by Yonaiker »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Is this intended? (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:21:51 am »
The area where the Mind Cracker's stored is off limits and if you're caught there the entire institute turns hostile. The only way to it would be to enter the facility before the invasion in stealth to get it. I've never tried, but I'm sure it's a pain.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
Stealth + Sledgehammer = Not my cup of mushroom brew. Hardly doubt Styg will change the way on dealing with the faceless without Tchortist support at the elevator room if adquiring Mind Cracker, a good unique wasted. But hey, anyone can dream.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:41:22 pm »
After a LOT of attempts I managed to descend without cheating, there only one way to survive and is very unreliable and RNGish:

Activate the elevator, when the cutscene of faceless appearing ends inmediatly hide on the pile of boxes, the elevator has a counter of 6 until arrives, it should be on minimum 4 before the faceless spots you, after that manually initiate combat and pop every defensive element at your disposal (morphine, shields, cloaking device), you must withstand 2 turns and the elevator appears (This cause a encounter reset; if you have low initiative it can be bothersome) finally rush to it.

Depending on your build, my character survived thanks to only one mindreader appearing in one attempt and of course NOT BLOCKING the only path once they spot you behind the boxes.

Good luck and patience for those hunting the fabled Mind Cracker.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:51:49 am »
Or you can just bear trap every inch near the entrance before you activate the elevator.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »
Or you can just bear trap every inch near the entrance before you activate the elevator.

Well that doesn't sounds bad, but never thought I would trigger the faceless to the elevator room and didn't have any bear trap at my disposal, even less to buy outside with the whole institute hostile. Have a stygian coin for the tip.