Author Topic: Dev Log #54: Specialization and Veteran Level Changes  (Read 28275 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #54: Specialization and Veteran Level Changes
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2017, 03:07:28 pm »
Ah well, it was a good try.

A question I may actually get an answer for: is there going to be new unique weapons for the base game weapon classes?

There are a few thematic ones, but we're mostly focusing on new weapon types.

TenK

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2017, 04:17:56 am »
When is the new content being released? I feel like it's been forever and people are losing interest.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 07:07:15 am »
When is the new content being released? I feel like it's been forever and people are losing interest.

It's likely to come out on public test branch at some point before release, but I cannot say exactly when. I don't like this long time between updates either so this is something we'll be avoiding in the future. It's just that we touched so many parts of the game with this update so far that it will require a good amount of testing before it's safe to release it in full.

Neb

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »
For making energy shields more interacting, they could be dropped as barriers that you can circumnavigate around to shoot, something that you drop on ground and use as cover/barrier against others. They could be squares or triangle or dome shaped or just a big line that slowly deteriorate when it is being shot until it is gone. Using it, could eat a chunk of your energy making another barrier pop, they would also be pass through by anything that walks over them.
The AI would need some tinkering around, but i'm sure it shouldn't be hard to tell them to hide behind the shields after shooting at the player or between picking the priority of shooting the energy shield down or go around for the player.

I'm really looking forward the expansion, always liked water themes and pirates, and we are heading exactly for that type of content. I can't believe we got jet skis but not full operational mechas from the protectorate :D, come onnnnnnnn....Also would love to have the idea of dropping mini turrets or small plasma walkers. Sometimes i feel completely overwhelmed by being swarmed, and wouldn't hurt to have something to take the fire for me.

On a side of bit offtopic, this game is one of the best rpg i played in decades(and i played hundreds of them)and i'm really amazed by the quality of love the devs have put on this. I felt the need to make an account to just say that, because it is so rare to see games nowadays that is a work of love over money first.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »
On a side of bit offtopic, this game is one of the best rpg i played in decades(and i played hundreds of them)and i'm really amazed by the quality of love the devs have put on this. I felt the need to make an account to just say that, because it is so rare to see games nowadays that is a work of love over money first.

I would like to emphasize this.
As life goes on, one have less time for games, I have always liked RPGs and turn-based strategy. Now I am 38 years with wife, kids and serious job, but I find time for this gem, because it is damn good.

I really take my hat off for the developer(s).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11:38 am »
Thanks, guys, it's always good to hear from people who are as enthusiastic about the game as we are.

For making energy shields more interacting, they could be dropped as barriers that you can circumnavigate around to shoot, something that you drop on ground and use as cover/barrier against others. They could be squares or triangle or dome shaped or just a big line that slowly deteriorate when it is being shot until it is gone. Using it, could eat a chunk of your energy making another barrier pop, they would also be pass through by anything that walks over them.
The AI would need some tinkering around, but i'm sure it shouldn't be hard to tell them to hide behind the shields after shooting at the player or between picking the priority of shooting the energy shield down or go around for the player.

I'm not looking to do such a radical change, they will still remain attached to the player.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 01:30:24 am »

I would like to emphasize this.
As life goes on, one have less time for games, I have always liked RPGs and turn-based strategy. Now I am 38 years with wife, kids and serious job, but I find time for this gem, because it is damn good.

I really take my hat off for the developer(s).

Amen to that! You guys have really crafted an absolute masterpiece of a game. I just wish more people knew about Underrail; you guys don't get anywhere near the amount of credit and support you deserve, and that's a real shame. Hopefully the upcoming expansion will catch the world's attention, but if it doesn't, at least you guys already have a dedicated fanbase of zoners willing to support your endeavors, emotionally and financially, until the end of days (or the end of the Internet; whichever comes first ;) ).

Keep up the excellent work, StygSoft. :)

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 08:15:31 am »
Thanks, guys, it's always good to hear from people who are as enthusiastic about the game as we are.

I'm not looking to do such a radical change, they will still remain attached to the player.

Instead of dropping it you could make the shield directional. Let's say that the most basic ones can only protect from hits which come from the way you are facing but cannot protect from the sides or from behind. Later shields might give you more all around protection but at the expense of higher energy consumption and/or reduced absorption. You could even make it so that you can adjust the shield's coverage depending on the situation.

Illustration:
C= character looking to the right
X= protected
O= not protected

Basic, 100% absorb, normal energy usage:

OOX
OCX
OOX

Flank, 75% absorb, 25% higher energy usage:

OXX
OCX
OXX