Author Topic: anti-Carnifex cheese  (Read 8056 times)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: anti-Carnifex cheese
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 01:03:26 am »
Can fleshbags resist it while taking the damage? As far as I know, it stuns if it deals damage.
Ancient Rathounds definitely resist the electrokinesis stun, at least on Dominating difficulty.  They seem completely immune to stuns, in fact, which makes handling them a bit of a puzzle for low-output builds like mine.  If they would just burn, it would be much simpler but they're implacable and unshakeable.

If immunity is different to resistance here, then I've missed the point.  Sorry, if so ^_^

They have always been immune to stun and flashbang even before the experimental patch. Bear trap is the way to go but if you don't have quick tinkering than try caltrops/toxic gas grenades.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 01:18:06 am »
They have always been immune to stun and flashbang even before the experimental patch. Bear trap is the way to go but if you don't have quick tinkering than try caltrops/toxic gas grenades.
Ah.  The much lower enemy health on Hard (and the substantial rarity of finding Ancient Rathounds) meant I didn't have any strong memories of trouble with them.  I must have forgotten that they weren't stunnable.

I do have Quick Tinkering, indeed.  I'm finding that I have to have a whole lot more combat-relevant feats on Dominating than on Hard.  A crafter build is a little lacking given that it only looks like I'm going to be able to afford two crafting feats.  Still, Dominating is  an enjoyably difficult experience with only very few "Aw, bull@#$%" moments.

Twiglard

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »
Heh, psi is only getting better with Temporal Manipulation.

It should have a Finger of Death spell. Here's a description in its morbidity.

Target goes back in time and strangles itself with the umbilical cord. The target character disappears, is replaced by a floating fetus. The fetus goes dark and then violet. The fetus disappears.

Please? ;) Mostly not serious.