Author Topic: New component: Heating Module  (Read 952 times)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
New component: Heating Module
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:42:53 pm »
This component adds the ability to certain melee weapons (sledgehammers, knives, machetes and possibly spears) to deal Heat damage to one target when has energy and its turned on, it uses the Electronics skills and an additional 15 flat Mechanics to properly installation, I thought in two methods on how it works:

Method one: Turn on and forget.

Self-explanatory, once you turn it on it slowly consumes energy and deals additional Heat damage, the batteries is not spent by hits but rather by turns by being a high-consuming energy device to differentiate it from the electroshock variants.

Method two: Turn on and wait.

Instead of an instant damage increase this way would take it to a three-phase threshold: Low, Medium and High Temperature.

Low: 35%
Medium: 65%
High: 100%

When the device is turned on it starts at Low temperature, causing only 35% of the component damage, then it proceeds to Medium at the next turn until it reaches and maintains itself to the last threshold, if the user runs of energy by any means it will begin to climb down the thresholds instead of cooling down completely, so a quick battery reload would keep the device on its highest threshold.

Sorry for the short text, I really suck giving explanations but this could give a basic idea about the component. Please give me a Hypercerebrix dosage

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: New component: Heating Module
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:02:28 pm »
Sounds pretty interesting to me, something else that would make this component more unique is if the weapon degrades faster while heated, in addition to what I assume is the main idea of being stronger against single targets while not dealing splash damage like electroshock components.
I think the main objection would be that it's a balance issue to add more damage types beyond electric to melee weapons, since you're typically supposed to combine abilities quite a bit to get that palette of damage types that can take on anything.