Author Topic: A few SMG questions  (Read 3280 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
A few SMG questions
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:46:08 am »
Hello

Some questions related to how the game works, while thinking about SMGs.

Laser Sight gives 10% bonus to "presicion".
Forward Grip gives 10% bonus to "burst presicion"
Barrel Compensator gives 15% bonus to "burst presicion"

It is rather obvious what burst presicion does, but the laser sight, does it give 10% presicion bonus to everything including burst fire?
If so, a laser sight is always superior to the forward grip, if you must choose one of these?

How does the game round AP cost when using a Rapid Reloader?
Say I craft a Steel Cat 8.6mm with rapid reloader. APs go from 16 to 12.8. Do the game round down to 12, or up to 13?

Thanks! :)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: A few SMG questions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »
1. Laser sight only applies to individual shots and skills (aimed shot, kneecap shot) but excluding Burst, if you are planning to use a SMG either as medium to short range weapon then Laser Sight + Barrel Compensator should be the combo.

2. It should round it to 12, decimals are not taken in account. I remember something similar crafting a spearhead sniper rifle which without a rapid reloader only does one shot, with the addon even with a .9 I could perform two shots.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:45:09 pm »
Thanks

But are you certain about #2?

In a flash of inspiration, I decided to answer my own question and checked the AP table for Assault Rifles, in whe wiki. There, the APs are listed with and without Rapid Reloaders, and they clearly round everything up! So 12.1 => 13, etcetera.
I hope you are right and the wiki is wrong.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:45:18 pm »
Wiki is not wrong, Rapid Reloader rounds up. It is probably the only thing in the game that rounds up instead of down

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:59 pm »
Hmm I also tested #1. For science. Crafted the SMG with different parts and aimed at a SGS sentry, from the same tile.

Results:
(Excuse the messy copy paste table)

Steel Cat 8.6   Normal %    Burst %
plain      78      34
laser sight   88      39
forward grip   78      42
compensator   78      46
grip+comp   78      54
l.s-+grip   88      47
l.s-+comp   88      52

As we can see, laser sight increase hit % of normal shots by 10%, just as expected.

However, the forward grip and compensator does not increase burst presicion by a flat 10%, 15% or 25 %, but rather 8%, 12% and 20%. Furthermore, the laser sight also add 5% to the burst fire hit %, cumulative with the others when combined.

When changing the distance/base hit%, the burst fire hit% from all components also changes.

In conclusion:

-Laser sight is pretty cool, it also helps with burst fire, though not as much as the forward grip or compensator.
-Burst fire hit % calculations are pretty complicated.
-Use Rapid Reloader/Silencer and Smart Module anyway.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:32:07 pm »
The wiki is missing rapid reloader AP cost tables for pistol and SMG. This is why I added them to my guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165 (Crafting & component reference part VII section) back in Jan.

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:26 am »
Personally, rapid reloader is a waste of a spot that could go to something else. If you run out of ammo then you should have another smg on the switch. Smart module and barrel compensator are the best combo i think as most of the time you'll want to be bursting people down.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:46:10 am »
Personally, rapid reloader is a waste of a spot that could go to something else. If you run out of ammo then you should have another smg on the switch. Smart module and barrel compensator are the best combo i think as most of the time you'll want to be bursting people down.
Hm? Base AP cost reduction is great when it allows for an extra burst per turn, far from being a waste of a slot.

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:22 pm »
Hm? Base AP cost reduction is great when it allows for an extra burst per turn, far from being a waste of a slot.
Ah I misunderstood what rapid relaoder does, I thought it was a -20% AP cost to reloading

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:10:47 am »
Ah I misunderstood what rapid relaoder does, I thought it was a -20% AP cost to reloading
Yep, though on paper the muzzle break can make you release an absolute hailstorm of bullets, more than one extra burst from the reloader.

In practice though, muzzle break/full-auto will have you empty your magazine in record time and overkill enemies with little health left, (wasting bullets) so more, shorter bursts is probably better.

Twiglard

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 08:14:09 pm »
Yep, though on paper the muzzle break can make you release an absolute hailstorm of bullets, more than one extra burst from the reloader.

In practice though, muzzle break/full-auto will have you empty your magazine in record time and overkill enemies with little health left, (wasting bullets) so more, shorter bursts is probably better.

Depends. It's some of a difference between a cannon (no Muzzle Break) and Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

(1) Firearm belt reduces reload cost to 4 AP.

(2) It allows for 50% more damage with no CTH and AP penalty.

(3) On DOMINATING CTH goes down to the point that sometimes it's better to hit at all.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:47:07 pm by sthalik »