Author Topic: Electrokinetic Imprint  (Read 1366 times)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Electrokinetic Imprint
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:18:01 am »
Found two bugs about this one:

1. The description says it should stun a target who steps on it by 2 turns but every human, critter, robot and anything who wants to kill me always gets stunned by 1 turn,

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Electrokinetic Imprint
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 12:19:12 am »
For some reason half of my post doesn't want to get posted even while trying to modify it.

2. Psionic Mania doesn't seem to affect it, I cast the imprint with the buff on it and gets consumed in the process but it doesn't crit at all.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:18:46 am »
Found two bugs about this one:
1. The description says it should stun a target who steps on it by 2 turns but every human, critter, robot and anything who wants to kill me always gets stunned by 1 turn,

For some reason half of my post doesn't want to get posted even while trying to modify it.

2. Psionic Mania doesn't seem to affect it, I cast the imprint with the buff on it and gets consumed in the process but it doesn't crit at all.
The thing about it is an enemy has to walk across it, so on their turn they trigger it, get stunned for two turns, and end their turn.  When it's your turn, they then have only 1 turn left.  If it stunned for 1 turn, it would actually just end their turn and have no other effect.  Stuns like Electrokinesis or EMP/Taser stun on your turn instead of the enemy's turn, which is why their 2 turns is in effect longer than E.I.'s 2 turns.

Did you try to use a special character like ampersand?  Some characters can't be used in forum posts.

Yeah, your Psionic Mania was used to lay down the trap, but crit chance isn't baked in or else you could save the game then Mania, E.I., and see if it's a critical trap, since E.I. lasts a really long time.  That would allow for an excess of scavescum shenanigans.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:57:47 am by TheAverageGortsby »

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »
I can see the mechanics you are describing, if that the case then it should say "stuns for 1 turn" to avoid any confusion.

I'd prefer to E.I cause critical hit with P.M due its crazy damage output against a single target, also Underrail has a complete savescum nature on its own (Unless styg plans to add an Ironman mode...)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:59:34 pm »
That's too bad Mania doesn't combine with Imprint, Psi crit builds seem mostly focused on Metathermics, I think more stuff should be able to crit in general and combine with Mania.