Author Topic: Maritime Tomfoolery  (Read 1206 times)

yclatious

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Maritime Tomfoolery
« on: March 27, 2018, 07:28:01 pm »
Greetings folks.

As of this moment, having heard Underrail is having a new expansion, and loving the game so far, I was and still am quite happy to know its getting DLC but I simply have one concern, regarding maritime battle, that being, wasted potential.

The ability to broadside barrage with ye olden cannons, mounted on any kind of floating raft has been a human invention and staple since we had gun powder and big balls of steel to shoot at really mean people, while donning exquisitely fashionable sailor gear and fancy hats.

As such, I am making a appeal to, if possible, include a ye olden cannon alongside extremely heavy ammo to be loaded into a jet ski, so we may all become pirates, even when jet sking in caverns.

Oh, and being able to maybe craft or find some old sailor outfits or pirate hats would be really nice. I mainly mean to appeal for the broadside barrage but itd also be nice to be able to loot such things off a abandoned corpse on a isle, maybe bringing back the clothing to a sailor tailor and have him sell you blueprints for it so you could craft your very own

Thank you for your time.

Twiglard

Re: Maritime Tomfoolery
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:19:23 am »
An exclusive quest chain would be nice. That is, ally with pirates or a "lawful" faction. I bet some parrot subspecies can handle living underground. Especially when genetically engineered.

But I don't expect pirating truly random encounters. Underrail isn't known for altering the world state from what you did last time. By this logic I don't expect convoys to jetski around for you to rob them. Unlike, say, Fallout 2's caravans and the like.

There's not a reputation system either. You're either accepted, or always hostile to all members of a faction (including dogs). Following from this, I don't expect pirate "infamy" either. No karma, no faction- and location-based reputation. I like the lack of overall karma though.