Author Topic: Planned build for expedition  (Read 5126 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Planned build for expedition
« on: May 01, 2018, 05:33:51 am »
Thoughts on this?  Also, feel free to post your own ideas for expedition. 

I'll be playing on hard, since dodge/evasion is reportedly useless in DOMINATING and I've never played a dodge/evasion character, and barely played melee.  I know expedition is introducing new feats, and if some of those are really good for this build I can drop some of the less necessary ones like grenadier and quick pockets.  Pretend thought control is temporal manipulation.

My biggest weakness, I believe, is the low hp and fort, which I am okay with.

I intend to wear riot armor with a shield, because I've been wanting to try it, and with these new machetes, I figure now is the time.

And with hypercerebrix and crafting benches

I can craft mark IV grenades and super soldier drug without the crafting bench, so long as I have hypercerebrix.
I've got 135 throwing for that extra damage with throwing knives, which may mean the difference in getting some poison into a heavily armored enemy.

For gear, I'm thinking: 

muffled temporal manipulation headband (primary)
motion tracking nightvision goggles

sturdy supersteelsheet psicarapace shield (or laminated for less armor penalty)
or
infused siphoner leather armor (I'll try out both and see which feels better)

doctors pouch (primary)
utility belt

infused siphoner tabis (primary)
infused pig leather striders

shock tichrome curvedmachete (14 AP attacks)
powerfist

*eurobeat intensifies*

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Planned build for expedition
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:45:09 pm »
One question: what's the point of full-fledged skillpoints allocation into Thought Control there? You didn't even have sufficient Will to take any of the feats. Wouldn't it makes sense to put those points into, for example, Mercantile instead? Or perhaps Hacking/Lockpicking.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 02:09:19 pm »
One question: what's the point of full-fledged skillpoints allocation into Thought Control there?
It would Temporal Manipulation if current build tool allowed us to put points there.
I guess OP wants to see how good Tempo is at supporting otherwise non-psi builds.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 03:25:28 pm »
but don't forget there will also be new items across the board.

Hmm.  I know there's new drugs, the new weapons, presumably psi items for temp manip, and at least one new outfit (judging by the video), but yeah I didn't consider there'd be much more.

It would Temporal Manipulation if current build tool allowed us to put points there.
I guess OP wants to see how good Tempo is at supporting otherwise non-psi builds.

Precognition is dodge/evasion+ and one of the powers gives you more AP/MP when you invoke it, kinda like an adrenaline shot.  I can get up to 105 action points in a round with this build.  That's seven sword swings and some extra for drugs.

So hell yeah I wanna see how good it is.  Seems like it would be good for pretty much anybody if you dont mind the psi-aids.
*eurobeat intensifies*