Author Topic: Help with a Chem pistol/Grenadier build on DOMINATING  (Read 2647 times)

Marselo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Help with a Chem pistol/Grenadier build on DOMINATING
« on: June 14, 2018, 01:42:51 pm »
Hello, this I've been playing underrail for some time now (favorite computer game before the original Fallouts), never got to finish it but I've tried most every build up to DC (this is just the way I play games, 1000+ hours played in Fo2 just on steam and finished it only 5 times lol)

I've been testing some builds in the early game for a DOMINATING dificulty playthrough, here's my build:

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?EgMOBgMIAwdkZAAAAAAAYT8AAGRkXUNQAAAAAAAAOQEmFlY-wpERWSc

And the questions are:

-Is 8 per enough for a DOMINATING playthrough? I've played the scientist build by NerdCommando some time ago and I already missed a lot on hard difficulty, even at good range.

-Chem pistols are better with dex because you get to make more use of different shots + chem pistol effects, correct? Really what you get from 10+1 dex to 15+1 is 1 extra shot, but the greater benefits should come from AP reduction of the special shots, is that right?

-How does Cooked Shot calculate AP? Is it from the base weapon AP or from your current AP (with dex and adv. cat. belt discount)?

-This is not a stealth build, should I relocate my points from agility into constitution? Won't some good shields and vest be enough to take the the damage in dominating?  I invested those agility points because this build would be very imobile without Sprint, since pistols are low range..

Thank you in advance for the help.  I apologize for any grammar errors. :C

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a Chem pistol/Grenadier build on DOMINATING
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:29 pm »
You totally want attack speed on chem pistols because of their % chance to proc stuff.
Cooked Shot's AP cost is based on current AP cost.
With 3 AGI and tabi boots i was mobile enough but that was on Hard with stealth and traps.
Consider taking Nimble and Paranoia.
I doubt 8 PER will be enough. Chem guns don't have weapon mods to raise accuracy and have low range.

Can't help you too much as my pistol build was quite different and i played only on Hard.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a Chem pistol/Grenadier build on DOMINATING
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:56:30 pm »
-This is not a stealth build, should I relocate my points from agility into constitution? Won't some good shields and vest be enough to take the the damage in dominating?  I invested those agility points because this build would be very imobile without Sprint, since pistols are low range..
If you're trying to play through Ironman style with no reloads, then you should add some CON, but if you're willing to reload occasionally, then no, don't put points into CON.  3 CON is plenty for Dominating. With those crafting skills you've got, you'll be fine.