Author Topic: Dual Wielding  (Read 2704 times)

Piggon

• Probably not a Spambot
  • :)
    • View Profile
Dual Wielding
« on: September 10, 2018, 07:51:15 pm »
Imagine having 2 pistols, 2 smgs, 2 knifes, 2 shotguns, 2 machetes ( with The Expedition).
This type of playstile comes with new builds, new feats, new strategies.

We could make an desperado cowboy wielding 2 pistols, an S.W.A.T Enforcer blasting foes with dual smgs or just an agile murder with 2 knifes slashing foes left and right, and with new feats such as:

Rush: While Sprinting and using dual Smgs, Burst damage and duration is increased, but precision is much lower.

Slash-o-maniac: Wielding two knifes, action points is reduced if standing in front of an enemy.

Sit Down: Using dual shotguns, if surrounded by at least 3 enimies precision reduced but the damage is double.

Something like that, i aint a professional in feats, im sure it could be more and a lot more balenced.
:)
LOVE THIS GAME

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Wielding
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:26:18 pm »
Don't hold your breath. It took a full expansion just to add a couple new weapon sprites and animations - dual wielding would require an enormous rework of the game graphics. You'd have to do a right/left for each possible weapon and weapon combination, since right now, as I understand it, the game doesn't just go "add_SMG_to_right_arm" to the existing sprite, it calls the modified sprite, let's pretend its called "leather_armor_plus_SMG".

It would be a tremendous amount of work just to do the graphics, to say nothing of the time cost to rebalance everything for a doubling of damage output. That suggestion is a terrible lot of work to implement, and I have to imagine that if Styg had thought it was a good idea, he would have made sure it got baked in early on.

Piggon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 09:07:48 pm »
True
My bad
LOVE THIS GAME

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:15:10 pm »
My bad
Nah, no harm in making suggestions. It's always nice to see someone show up, excited about the game.  I'm sure the devs are always happy to see someone enjoy this game they've put so much work into.  Just wanted to make sure you knew that that particular suggestion isn't really likely to be implemented - at least not soon - due to how much work it would require.

Piggon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 10:23:37 pm »

Yeah, im really excited about everything in this game  :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:26:47 pm by Piggon »
LOVE THIS GAME

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:39:13 pm »
I'd totally go down for a dual smg build, though. For sure it would reduce accuracy, which would mean a metric shit ton of bullets more, but hey... RAINS OF BULLETS!!!

What's next... dual grenades, of course!

No... wait! A bucket full of grenades! I kid you not. You put the pins of 5 grenades on your other hand, then drop them in a bucket and toss it vs the hordes. :D

Just joking, dudes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:42:12 pm by HulkOSaurus »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:55:25 pm »
Would be cool to dual wield pistols and aiming them at 2 different targets standing close to each other :)

Like in Desperados 3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcppLD0Kl0
at 0:38 and 1:12.
It's worth it to see whole thing, tho.

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:29 am »
Pistols? I wanna dual wield assault rifles :D

In all seriousness though, even though the graphics don't show it, you pretty much can "dual wield" in terms of the game's mechanics. What I mean is that it lets you pick two weapons which you can use equally in a turn without any penalty from switching.

I guess the main way to implement dual wielding would be reducing action point cost as you suggested in the knife one, since that would allow you to more reliably use both weapons in a turn.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 02:41:33 pm »
I guess the main way to implement dual wielding would be reducing action point cost as you suggested in the knife one, since that would allow you to more reliably use both weapons in a turn.
There was a meaty post some months ago about that sort of idea, using two weapons together. The suggestion post was called Combined Weapons Feats or some such, let me grab the link.
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3430.0

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:15 pm »
There was a meaty post some months ago about that sort of idea, using two weapons together. The suggestion post was called Combined Weapons Feats or some such, let me grab the link.
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3430.0
Interesting. Thanks!