Author Topic: The dreaded black crawlers.  (Read 3419 times)

HammaHTime

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
The dreaded black crawlers.
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:40:06 pm »
So so far in dominating i've found only one (just south of railroad) but i was wondering if there are any others.

It was an awesome fight but the hyper allergic is bs tho ( you can't even antidote the stun :( )

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: The dreaded black crawlers.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »
Use bandages.

HammaHTime

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:04:52 pm »
Bandages don't work in combat, and since there's way more than one on dominating, it's kinda impossible :p. My tactic was finding corridors with 2 entry points, locking one down with mines and bursting down/yelling the other one.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 02:50:41 pm »
Yup. That works, as well. I notice people usually develop something of a personal touch when it comes to scorpion-spiders.

Bandages do work against them, but you have to wait for all of them to hide during combat. Cool thing about them is that they don't proc that debuff

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:14:08 pm »
There's only one black crawler.
*eurobeat intensifies*

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 05:27:44 pm »
Yeah, as harperfan7 said, the Black Crawler is a special Crawler "boss". The ones that come in groups and tag you with Hyperallergenic  are Death Stalkers.

If you know ahead of time at all that you're going to be facing them, try taking an Irongut - it'll cut down the damage you take from Hyperallergenic to about 20 so you can afford to pop antidotes and advanced health stims, if you aren't all set from a regen vest and - if combat allows it - the bandages Hulk is so fond of suggesting ;)

Failing that, back yourself into a corner or against a wall, throw down bear traps around yourself in a layer 2 deep, then toss a cheap frag or HE to make a ruckus.  They'll come looking for the sound, see you, and charge right into the traps. Get your exterminator on.

HammaHTime

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:08:04 pm »
Aw man :( . Are they any other special boss critters?

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:06:29 pm »
Did anyone fight the new and improved black crawler yet? I was going to on my latest Dominating run but forgot all about him.

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 11:16:57 pm »
Did anyone fight the new and improved black crawler yet? I was going to on my latest Dominating run but forgot all about him.
i did try him on my chemical pistol build on dominating
you're pretty much dead if you don't win the initiative roll, since he also has 1~2(can't really remember) death stalker buddies to ruin your day
he also deals tons of damage, so you have to either one shot or stunlock him while you deal with the death stalker(s).
a shame he doesn't drops any new oddity, you'd think the only black crawler in the game would have something interesting, i wonder if we'll see more of them in expedition

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:00 am »
Yeah, it's the room that's hard, not him in particular.  You're dropped right in the middle of several with no good dead ends to park yourself in.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 01:16:11 pm »
Aw man :( . Are they any other special boss critters?

There is named ancient rathound if you join some oligarch.

I did. For my build was nothing special, Incapacitation all the turns. For other there could be troubles maybe.

Bandages don't work in combat

Bear in mind that turn-based mode and combat is different things, it's not obvious I know, was mistaken same way.
You can be in turn-based mode but not in combat.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:38:23 pm by Fenix »

HammaHTime

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:27:40 pm »
The butcher lurker is also a boss it seems.

Anyways the way i dealt with the black crawler on dominating was with my good ol flashbangs. It's the other 2 death crawlers with him that you have to worry about sadly.

Unfortunately, on dominating there is almost no chance you're going to remain a single turn without combat. Base crawlers don't apply hyperallegic but the death ones sure do and those ones are pretty much 70-90% of all crawlers on dominating, especially in the cave of pillars and the area leading up to black crawler.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:29:55 pm by HammaHTime »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 11:17:32 am »
Yeah, that area was epic. I used 5-6 traps, half of them set in some unexpected places, and they all worked, it was scary when I hear souds of them snapped lol, because I didn't really expected them coming from that side...

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 11:33:49 am »
Why not Exothermic Aura or Aluminized Suit? Stand right in the center of scorched earth and they would stop by the edge of fire, waiting for the darkness returns. And, technically, invisibility of stealth couldn't last for 5 turns. Poor creature.
Show em a crit-guaranteed orb or double purple fist or an aimed shot combined w/ 12.7 W2C/anatomically-aware scope/corsair frame. This can be a lot of joy. :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:00:04 pm by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum