Author Topic: Different Huszar  (Read 2052 times)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Different Huszar
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:32:31 am »
I get the feeling that the Huszar doesn't get much use in AR builds, the precision penalty and damage spread turns people off so instead it's all about two bursts per turn with Marauder/Hornet and sometimes a critical-focused build with Chimera. Do people secretly use the Huszar in AR builds? Maybe I'm wrong.

My idea for the Huszar is this:
- increase STR requirement from 7 to 8, moving it from "I'm getting STR 7 for Full Auto anyway" territory to "Official Metal Armorer Rifle" territory
- remove the 5% burst precision penalty
- increase base ammo capacity slightly, like +5/6

Now the gun has a really clear purpose, you really want to craft it in a high STR + metal armor build since you'll get several clear benefits, and I would definitely go for it in that build.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Different Huszar
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:58:43 am »
One of them has a clear use as the gun with which you use your gun rush ability with, but I don't remember if it's the huszar or not.
*eurobeat intensifies*

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:11:50 am »
people secretly use the Huszar in AR builds?

Doubtful. Huszar is in direct competition w/ Chimera and Huszar only wins in having a higher max damage and slightly higher (2%) critical chance. However, Huszar have a lower min damage, Burst precision: -5%, 30% less critical damage bonus (sitting at 100% making it unable to use critical power to further boost crit damage).

You can read my number crunching here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/1711816259058812447/#c1762481957302932812

The cost benefit analysis is clear, Huszar is the worst AR right now. Even if all your suggestions are implemented Huszar is still the worth AR. I don't know what to suggest but I agree Huszar does need a buff of ... something.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 04:33:39 am »
Huh.  Well for a non-crafting build, the huszar is the clear commando/gun rush one.
*eurobeat intensifies*

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 01:31:19 pm »
Huh.  Well for a non-crafting build, the huszar is the clear commando/gun rush one.

That's true but 'gun rushing' only solves the AP cost issue, other than that it still has precision penalty and unreliable damage spread, gun rush does nothing to fix that.
It's also hard to believe someone does a non-crafting build since you only need to level one skill to craft guns without smart modules anyway - mechanics.

You can read my number crunching here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/1711816259058812447/#c1762481957302932812

The cost benefit analysis is clear, Huszar is the worst AR right now. Even if all your suggestions are implemented Huszar is still the worst AR. I don't know what to suggest but I agree Huszar does need a buff of ... something.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read this, it aligns with what I thought.

I don't know, I would use this new Huszar myself in a metal build but I won't deny I'm being conservative with the buffs because I don't want to push my luck. If I were to add anything else it would be a small increase to crit chance since that's the most unique stand-out aspect of the Huszar besides the strength requirement.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 07:20:02 am »
Rathound Brigade
Requirements:  Juggernaut, Full-auto

When wearing a metal helmet, metal armor, and metal boots:
-your weapon's critical chance is increased by an amount equal to it's base max damage minus it's base minimum damage
-it's ammo capacity is increased by an amount equal to the strength score required to use the weapon (or your base str?)
-maybe allow riot armor too

------

This is a nice thematic feat that makes huszars a solid choice (while leaving hornets with their superior ROF and chimera's with their superior crit bonus, though it does mean marauders become the ones nobody uses...hmm) and kinda offsets the huge nerf burst builds just got.  Also it means Gun Nut becomes that much better.  I don't actually know how high the base damage ranges can get at the higher qualities; it may be too much, but at least you can't do this while wearing crit goggles or infused rathound leather. 
-Lack of night vision is a problem; this feat is only optimal in certain areas.

I don't see why chimera's have such a high crit bonus; 115 is still 15 higher than all the others.  If you were to increase the huszars str requirement and ammo capacity, I'd maybe *increase* it's burst penalty, maybe to 10%; that might make marauders a good choice too (or better, at least), and maybe do the same or slightly less for chimeras?

I admit the feat doesn't actually make any sense.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:01:31 am by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 08:06:10 am »
Pretty interesting idea reminiscent of item sets from other RPGs, curious what the devs think of our craziness here tbh.