Author Topic: Steam Keys?  (Read 7008 times)

princecold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Steam Keys?
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:43:21 am »
Quick question and I've tried to find a answer for it but,

Will we be getting steam keys if and when this game gets released on steam for those who bought it on Desura or other sites?

Clawdius_Talonious

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Keys?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31:07 am »
Hmmm, an interesting idea, although it would really be like giving you two copies of the game... I'd personally love to have it on Steam, I don't really have anything on Desura other than Underrail.

princecold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:15 pm »
Its not a very uncommon practice to give steam keys once it gets released many other games are doing this or have done this.

For example Kenshi's Developer as already stated that once it is released on steam he will be giving people who bought it on Desura or other sites a steam key.
Another example is Organ Trail which was released yesterday the developer is also giving out steam keys for people who bought it on Desura or other sites but you had to email him proof of purchase.

I saw that this game was green lit, but there is nothing about steam keys given out which seemed pretty odd to me.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 02:07:44 pm »
If the game gets greenlit it is my intention to provide Steam keys to those who already purchased it elsewhere.

However, it's ultimately up to Valve, Desura and others involved whether or not they will allow this, so I cannot say with 100% certainty.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:11 pm »
I just saw Steams early access feature, is this something you will consider if the game gets greenlit?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:26 pm »
I just saw Steams early access feature, is this something you will consider if the game gets greenlit?

Yeah, for sure. Sounds good to me.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

There's a thread about this on Steam Greenlight. Feel free to hijack it to promote the game. :D It will inevitably descend into flamewar anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/810919691025655547/?appid=765

princecold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 07:40:47 pm »
About this early access will you make our keys which we have bought from Desura, Gamersgate, etc redeemable on steam? (yes it is possible to make these redeemable)

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:30 pm »
If the game gets greenlit it is my intention to provide Steam keys to those who already purchased it elsewhere.

However, it's ultimately up to Valve, Desura and others involved whether or not they will allow this, so I cannot say with 100% certainty.

princecold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »

*face palm* I keep forgetting this isn't greenlite I don't know why it hasn't been its very good

jax42

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Jack Holley
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 06:52:07 am »

There's a thread about this on Steam Greenlight. Feel free to hijack it to promote the game. :D It will inevitably descend into flamewar anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/810919691025655547/?appid=765

Im all over that, hell I have managed to get all my friends to sign it up and I want this excellent game to be on steam
so if we can get it added to their early access section that would be a major boost for you to get lots of sales to help keep you Dev'ing up;)