Author Topic: Burrowers question  (Read 6971 times)

robhu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Burrowers question
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »
I just got the keycard from Gorsky, went in and cleared the Burrowers area...

I thought there was "something cool" in there? All I found was a dead guy with an assault rifle frame (but I had an assault rifle anyway). Did I miss something?

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Burrowers question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »
No, i think that is it. The loot on the dead man is random though, at least i think so.
You went there straight from the GMS quest or did you do the Junkyard first?
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:32 pm »
Are you implying that burrowers are not cool?

robhu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »
No, i think that is it. The loot on the dead man is random though, at least i think so.
You went there straight from the GMS quest or did you do the Junkyard first?
Straight from the GMS quest. Why do you ask?

robhu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:33:32 pm »
Are you implying that burrowers are not cool?
Ha! No!

They are extremely hard to kill though! Especially the bit at the end where there are three of them together >_>.

I was hoping there'd be a laser rifle or pistol or something at the end, as a reward for killing them... So everyone (in the game) thinking there was something cool behind that door were just mistaken/misled?

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »
Because i found it quite challenging and decided to try again after i finished the whole alpha.
I managed with a level 8 character but i still found it tough. So, kudos to you.
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

robhu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »
Because i found it quite challenging and decided to try again after i finished the whole alpha.
I managed with a level 8 character but i still found it tough. So, kudos to you.
It was indeed extremely challenging :) I had to use the four grenades (2 HE, 1HE mk2, 1 flashbang) I had found up to this point, as well as two clips of 8.6mm ammo from the Marauder Assault Rifle, and about 30 save reloads ;-)

I was desperately hoping there would be some powerful weapon or something at the end, but there wasn't, which was quite disappointing... I wonder if at least Gorsky could say how impressed he is after you've cleared it and you go back to him, maybe give you some credits or XP or something?

robhu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 08:52:38 am »
In my first alpha demo playthrough, I found my first sniper rifle from the dead guy. It was pretty cool.

But yeah, that's random loot for you. Might be disappointing, might be great. You never know.
Sure, but that's not the premise for going in there. Gorsky et al want to get in because they believe there is something cool in there, which in story terms means something specifically cool (like a laser rifle), not a random drop of a (relatively) ordinary person (like a SGS guard's equipment).

If it were just a dungeon you come across I wouldn't have commented, it's because it jars with the story reason for going in there that it's an issue.