Author Topic: An idea for a new Sniper Rifle default mechanic or a Perk for the Sniper Rilfe  (Read 1311 times)

Zalpha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
My idea is that sniper rifles bullets travel through targets and do half damage to the second target (enemy no.2), and quarter damage to the next (enemy no.3), and one eighth to next (enemy no.4) and so on.

This would make lining up shots a cool play style for a sniper rifle users and would easier to do while in stealth mode.

It is possible but more likely that the following bullet penetration into enemy targets will not kill them off but it would provide some little advantage to the player and be a cool fun game mechanic.

It could be added as a perk skill/passive but I think it could be a nice default mechanic for Sniper Rifle weapons.

Maybe make it that it loses this effect/mechanic if targeting or hitting a shielded enemy as the bullets moment is halted/slowed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:01:16 pm by Zalpha »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
You know I thought about this too, my take was it's a feat, if your accuracy to the target is very high (exceeding 100%) then the amount of extra precision is multiplied by a certain factor, and used as the chance for you to penetrate the main target and deal damage to the target behind it, it could be interesting.

I've been shilling this 'excess precision' mechanic before because it provides you with some reason to use bipods and scopes, instead of forgetting about them completely once you have access to advanced scopes and smart modules.

Kind of a slim chance of it getting added though, since sniper rifles are already very powerful.

Zalpha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
You know I thought about this too, my take was it's a feat, if your accuracy to the target is very high (exceeding 100%) then the amount of extra precision is multiplied by a certain factor, and used as the chance for you to penetrate the main target and deal damage to the target behind it, it could be interesting.

I've been shilling this 'excess precision' mechanic before because it provides you with some reason to use bipods and scopes, instead of forgetting about them completely once you have access to advanced scopes and smart modules.

Kind of a slim chance of it getting added though, since sniper rifles are already very powerful.

Very cool idea about the over precision concept.

I agree sniper rifles are really powerful but they don't have much in perks or game mechanics as other weapons. Pistols can be bought down to 4AP? I think per shot - at least a very low AP cost and used with a tactical vest + shield. Assault Rifles and SMGs have burst damage - although it has been nerfted. Sniper don't have much else going for them than high damage (sure kill?) and possible 2 shots per turn, that alone is fantastic but would it really give you an unfair advantage that would unbalance the game if lining up opponents did extra damage? I don't think so but I am not that savvy about game balance. It wont necessarily kill them unless a critical hit I think.

I think it would be hard to line up opponents, maybe if you are surround by melee foes it might be possible with using movement each turn.

I don't know, it is just an idea.

Maybe it would be better as a perk then. (What if it was a effect of penetration ammo instead? Special bullets - AP ammo?).