Author Topic: I hate this build (why low INT is bad)  (Read 3435 times)

sthalik

I hate this build (why low INT is bad)
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:30:29 am »
Following a failure with an SMG burster build, I've made an AR build. Attributes:STR 7
  • DEX 3
  • AGI 8 (9)
  • CON 7
  • PER 15
  • WIL 3
  • INT 3
  • Stealth 135 (263)
  • Guns 135 (261)
  • Dodge 70 (103)
  • Mercantile 117 (105)
  • Mechanics 122 (109)
  • Chemistry 45 (40)
  • Electronics 135 (120)
  • Tailoring 81 (72)...
  • Wrote my own script to solve mutagen puzzle
Items:
  • Cloaking field for +59 stealth
  • Only magnesium grenades craftable
  • Shield with 1200 capacity
  • All electronics gear with 105-111 energy cap
  • Tabi Boots from a shop, +38 stealth +27 movement points
  • Leather armor, +38 stealth, less than 100 quality infused hopper armor
  • Spearhead, 59-111 +54% special attack damage
  • 7.62 Hornet, 22-40, muzzle brake, Full Auto
A couple of AGI-based feats:
  • Sprint (AGI 6)
  • Interloper (AGI 7) - a waste, but not many options at this point
  • Uncanny Dodge (AGI 8)
Increasing AGI and CON at the expense of INT gave me more movement points, stealth, and being less one-shottable. Snipers still kill though. I utterly hate that build though due to the sole amount of points sunk in order to be able to craft anything remotely decent. I'm not able to craft a better AR/sniper rifle with my components, neither can I craft good leather armor or tabi boots. Got 155+ quality plates just lying around. The 55-ish quality hopper cemetery armor I could only turn to infused leather below 100 quality on this skill level...

Uncanny Dodge isn't worth gimping the character so much. Tabi boots from a shop are just bad.

Can I get my AGI-derived stuff comparatively higher by putting more points into crafting? What kind of armor can you craft with infused cemetery hopper and 155+ plates? What kind of tabi boots' bonus is feasible to attain?
I should probably play at Hard...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:44:40 am by sthalik »

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: I hate this build (why low INT is bad)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 09:52:43 am »
With those stats i think you would have been better by maxing dodge and evasion and less in crafting.

Investing so much in crafting + mercantile with 3 int indeed doesn't seem optimal.

If you really wanted uncanny dodge you might have gone for con 5 and int 5, or con 3 and int 7. You could have saved a lot of skill points, craft better gear and invest a bit in throwing and maybe max evasion.
I'm Potoldski on discord

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 01:46:36 pm »
Yeah, look at thise skill points. 500 of 850 or so in INT skills and 3 INT, that is very wasteful. If I was playing essentially a crafting build, I'd make sure to be fairly intelligent.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 06:12:47 pm »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:23 am »
When I made an AR build two years ago I pretty much focused on crafting, since I knew you can kill 2-3 enemies at once so long as you can move in quickly and burst them point blank, and AGI doesn't help you with movement points that much past 6, so you're better off focusing on crafting and INT so you can make the most damaging AR and the fastest Tabi.
For snipers I just took Morphine or something, then let the Regenerative Vest heal the damage. I was also frequently hopped up on both Jumping Bean and Adrenaline so the snipers just missed all the time even with mediocre Evasion.

Stats were something like:
AGI 6 (Sprint)
CON 5 (no feats)
INT 7 (Gun Nut, it's a little weak but it would let me craft the best AR possible, even if only by a tiny bit)

Main gun was a 9mm Chimera with Muzzle Brake and High-Resolution Scope. (see av)