Author Topic: What'd the Faceless do w/ Eiden's body?  (Read 2134 times)

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
What'd the Faceless do w/ Eiden's body?
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:17:30 pm »
So Eiden (whether or not he was really Aiden Travers) was presumably carried out of the Institute by the Faceless along with the other dead cyborgs. At least that seems to be the most likely explanation. Makes me wonder what the Faceless would want with his body? If they wanted revenge against Eiden specifically that kind of confirms he really is the Aiden Travers w/ close ties to Biocorp. Sure hope they didn't throw him in the mutagen vats like last time.

Which reminds me, I think we're very unlikely to see the Faceless again in future expansion/sequel. They accomplished all their goals and will probably be content returning to their breakaway civilization. I wanted to meet Otis!

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: What'd the Faceless do w/ Eiden's body?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:28:26 pm »
I wanted to meet Otis!

You did.
Eidein was Otis.

He wore a mask just like Faceless do. He was first to wear it and Tchortists followed him.
He is long living because Faceless are.
He is trained in Thought Control which is a psi school Faceless learn.
He spend some time with a Biocorp scientist, whose name i can't remember, who told him many interesting things, including things about the surface.
He started to dream of surface and wanted to visit it one day. His fellow Faceless didn't share his enthusiasm and wanted to stay underground. He left them in order to pursue his goal.
The Cube was part of his plan so he helped human spy in stealing it. It isn't know how exactly did he help nor how would The Cube help him in reaching his goal.
The Faceless took his body since he still was one of them. Faceless Commander says different story because he doesn't want you to know that truth.

Or maybe... i'm just derailed... and it's all just my imagination? Yes... it could be.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:37 pm »
Eidein was Otis.
Impossible, he's way too talkative to be one of the Faceless, let alone the first one of their kind.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 09:21:48 pm »

You did.
Eidein was Otis.

hot damn thats an interesting theory

I think theres alot of gaps to fill with that one, though. Like what happened to the real Aiden Travers, how Otis would've known Tchort would be created after Hollow Earth incident, and why Otis would condone mutation experiments on Rejects/Recombinants after breaking away.

Or maybe not that last one if we're assuming Otis bought into Gunter/Biocorp's world view (at least I think it was Gunter, mightve been one of the others @ Caerus) It was F. Austein, not Gunter

Also if i remember correctly the Facelss Commander speaks about Otis in a way that sort of implies he's still their leader. Will need to double check in DC though

EDIT: Talked to the Commander. Cleared some things up

When asked about Eiden:
Quote from: Faceless Commander
"His body has yet to be examined, but we have sufficient data to assume that Eiden had underwent multiple mutations over the years, altering his appearance, capabilities and lifespan to a significant degree, and that he had no intention of halting his personal progress. The concealing nature of his as well as all Tchortist clothing exist for that reason - so that he may work on himself under the mask of secrecy; by sharing it with his subordinates he legitimizes it, makes it appear transparent while it is in fact oblique."

When asked what happened to the Faceless:
"We were not created equal. One of us possessed an outstanding intellect, and that gave him access beyond the confined limits of our world, which placed him in a position to play a crucial part in our escape. For Biocorp was at its end, and he knew it and planned for it. When the moment finally came, he seized it.

He lead us away, and he still leads us to this very day."

However he is somewhat coy when asked straight-up who their Leader is:
"That I may not say."

He might have more to say after reading Caerus logs, my save hadnt done that yet.
Also I don't think the Faceless Commander has any intention of lying to us. Whenever he can't answer a question he just tells you he won't answer it, instead of giving u misinformation

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:08:06 pm by brobotics »

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 06:44:58 am »
Faceless are the Vulcans of Underrail. Inscrutable, emotionless and they never lie.

STEN

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 09:42:32 am »
Faceless are the Vulcans of Underrail. Inscrutable, emotionless and they never lie.

Who said Minbary doesn't lie (c) B5